Memories

The rain was coming down hard as they stood in the small alleyway. She had not brought an umbrella. She thought there was no need for one, but now she thought it could have been useful. They were soaked from head to toe and the boy who stood in front of her could hardly see through his oval glasses.

"Kurt, please don't do this!" Her voice broke as she said those words. She watched as the boy with black hair stared at her. His hands fidgeted in his pockets, but when his gold eyes met her's the world seemed to stop.

"Why can't I come with you? You have taken me through everything else! Why should this time be any different?" She watched his chest rose and fell in anger. She hated doing this to him but she knew he would not listen to her.

"Please, you have to understand that I can't stay as you can't go." She watched as he shook his head. He reached for her taking her hand in his. The warmth was welcome, but she wished it wasn't needed.

"Why? Is it because you are to become Queen?" She harshly pulled her hands away from him. The reminder of why she had to go back was to much for her. She turned away from him. Looking at him was too painful right now. He was everything she couldn't have but wanted anyway.

"Yes. That and once I am queen I will be expected to stay on Aelea. I will not be allowed to return to Earth anymore. I also will be expected to take a king." She could feel her his eyes boring into her back, but she couldn't turn around. If she saw his face she knew she would cry.

"Aurora, please." His voice sounded so broken in that moment that she turned and looked at him. His hands came up and grabbed her's. All her focus was on him. She watched his golden eyes that were full of sadness. His next words broke her heart more than anything.

"Marry me." A gasp escaped her lips. Tears began to well in her eyes. She shook her head and moved her hands to his face. She took in a shaky breath before speaking.

"I really do love you Kurt." She leaned in her lips so close to his she could feel his breath. His eyes had fallen closed ready for the kiss. His hands had circled her waist. It was perfect she thought. Except for what she had to do.

"I am sorry." Her voice cracked as her lips met his. The kiss was soft. She could feel the soft sign he let out against her lips. This was everything she wanted in a kiss, but this was the last one. Slowly she pulled away and looked at him. He opened his eyes met her's. Then he frowned.

"What did you do?" His hand went to his head as he looked at her in horror. She could see the magic of the kiss at work. His memories of here were slowly slipping away.

"It's alright." Her voice was soft trying to calm his panicking, but she knew it was useless.

"Why can't I remember us? what have you done?" His hands reached for her but she took a step back. She held in a sob as she saw the look of hurt on his face.

"It will all be over in a minute. Please..." her voice sounded so broken even to her own ears. She hated it, but when she looked at him she broke all over again. He had stopped reaching for her now he just stood staring at her with pain in his eyes.

"If you knew you were going to leave me. You could have at least left me with the memory that someone could love me." She looked down at his words. What she had done was cruel and she would not deny that, but it was for his safety. She reached out and took his hand. She knew she shouldn't but she felt she had too.

"It is for your safety. Everything I have done today is to keep you safe." She didn't even try to hide the break in her voice this time. She wanted nothing but his safety but this hurt more than anything.

"Au-" He started but his words stopped. She looked up at his eyes. She could see the last memory fading. She dropped his hand letting it fall to his side. He wouldn't remember her when he became conscious in a moment. She let out a sigh running her fingers through her hair.

"Goodbye Kurt. I love you." She kisses his cheek before moving past him to go further into the alley. She turned back to look at him once before opening a portal. With the last image of him standing in the rain she stepped into the portal sealing her fate.