CHAPTER 6

Is it possible that everything was real? The myths and legends? Is it possible that there isn't sane or normal at all? What kind of place is this? It wasn't been a long time since I found the truth about vampires, and the facts that they exist sometimes confused me--now werewolves--even more confusing.

Hyunjin and a man took me out of their place, while JB followed the two marvelous fighting wolves in the forest. I wasn't paying attention to where they're taking me, but as far as I could remember it's a house of someone named, Sunmi.

"I'll drive." The man insisted as he hopped inside a white 2019 Jeep Rubicon. "As if I have a choice." Hyunjin shrugged playfully, and assisted me on the backseat. "Let's go." he said cheerfully, lifting me up from the ground with one hand and fixed me into my seat.

I was quiet the whole ride, thinking about what I had just witnessed. Wolves--they're the reason why hikers and some residents in down town went missing. Perhaps, one of them killed Jihyo and her ex-boyfriend.

If that's the case, Mingyu. . .No, he's innocent. I know he can't kill people, I couldn't even think of it.

Hyunjin on the passenger seat, looked at me carefully. "Hey, you okay? You're not going to faint or anything?" he demanded.

"I don't think so." I gasped.

"That's what something I don't see every day." The man--I could recall his name.. Park Jinyoung. He snickered, focused on driving.

"Well, I do." Hyunjin grumbled. "Every single day."

"But Jackson doesn't lose his temper every day." Jinyoung disagreed, still grinning. "Maybe two out of three."

I raised my head to glare at the two men in the front who seemed to be taking this all so lightly. "I think we should go back and see if Mingyu's okay." I almost choked.

Hyunjin and Jinyoung stared at each other for a second before they loudly laughed. "I wonder if Jackson could sinks some teeth in him." Hyunjin said.

"He couldn't." Jinyoung was confident. "Mingyu's an Alpha--a strong one. Even JB couldn't transformed on the fly like that. He saw Jackson losing it, and it took him, like half a second to attack."

Hyunjin chuckled. "But we should considered that Jackson been fighting longer. He won't be a Beta without a reason."

I tried to comfort myself with their lack of concern, but I couldn't get rid the brutal images of the fighting werewolves from my head. My stomach felt like twisting as my head ached with anxiety.

The car finally stopped, I looked outside the window to see a beautiful small wooden house surrounded with beautiful flowers.

Hyunjin opened the car door and inhaled. "Mmm.. Sunmi's cooking."

"Who's Sunmi? Is she.." I asked, speculating.

"JB hyung's mate." Of course, werewolves have mates, how could I even forget. "And hey, don't stare at her. It bugs the whole pack, especially, my brother."

I frowned. "Why would I stare?"

Jihyoung looked at me uncomfortable as he shut down the car engine. "As so you know, werewolves are just like humans--we also have imperfections." He changed the subject quickly, "Come on, we won't bite." He snorted.

They entered the house without knocking. I followed timidly after them.

A young woman with a lighter skin just like mine and long, wavy black hair was standing at the counter by the sink, placing big muffins on a big white plate. For one second, I thought the reason Hyunjin had told me not to stare was because the girl was so pretty.