2| The Search for the Impossible

So until it will be third pov for a while for everyone.

Third POV:

The search went on for months, but in the end, it was pointless. It had been a year now, and the team hadn't given up. Frost, Cisco, and Ralph took the job of stopping the villains, who kept getting harder and harder to beat. The team could barely function without Barry, he was the soul of the group, it was like the light of the team had been diminished. Wally came back six months after Barry's kidnapping, he knew they needed a speedster. He showed them what he learned with the Legends, it sorta helped the team piece itself together a bit.

Iris had once again taken up the role of leader for Team Flash. Felicity told them that Oliver was stopping bad guys, but in his free time, he was searching Star City for Barry. It was the same with Kara and Kate.

Iris had Wally running around the globe in possible places once an hour, the rest of the time he was either training, stopping bad guys, or resting/eating. Iris pushed the team to their limit, just like when Barry was in the speed force. It was one particular day on the one-year anniversary that Barry had been taken that they finally got some news.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

It was turning out to be a terrible day, it was the one-year anniversary of Barry's being kidnapped. Iris had been pushing the team harder lately, so much so, that they threatened to quit. In the end, when they realized how broken Iris really was, they decided to stay, but only if she lightened up. Iris currently sat in the chair at S.T.A.R labs, watching the footage of today. She noticed a robbery had started. "Hey, guys, robbery on the thirtieth street of Watson."

"On it," Wally said, and he stopped the robbery quickly.

When he returned, he got a face full of Iris. "That was slow, Wally, you're not catching the criminals fast enough. We are the only ones that can do this until we can find Barry," She said, glaring at him.

"How do we even know if we're going to find him, Iris?" Wally shouted. "We need to give up, it's been months."

Iris slammed her hand on the table. "I will never give up, Wally! He's my husband, we made a vow to come home to each other! Go search again, and then come back for training!" She snapped as she rubbed her head.

Caitlin walked in. "What's going on?" She asked when she saw their faces.

"Nothing," Iris whispered, calmer now.

Caitlin raised an eyebrow but didn't press further. "Cisco says he's got some good news, I'll let him share it when he gets here. Iris, is Joe coming? I know that Harry's in the lab," She said.

Iris nodded and soon the team was assembled. Cisco stood. "Felicity called me today, she said that they're coming to town, because Oliver has a lead on Barry."

Iris jumped from her seat and wrapped her arms around Cisco. "Maybe this is our shot to find him." She turned to Wally. "Go!" He nodded and sped off.

Maybe today wouldn't be so bad.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Oliver pulled off his helmet and kicked down the stand on his motorcycle. He looked up at Star Labs, it hurt to be here. Barry Allen, The Flash, the man who had saved his life, was gone. He saw Felicity and Diggle pull into Star Labs in the car they'd rented for the next couple of days.

He walked over to them as they opened the doors of the car. "You guys ready?" He asked.

They nodded. Felicity had been crying for months, and constantly searching for Barry. Diggle had contacted Lyla so many times, she'd had threatened to cut him off. Oliver himself had been scouring Starling when he wasn't fighting criminals. He'd also been punching things and shooting them. He gestured to the door and they walked in. Oliver could see everything that had happened when he'd been here with Barry. The fights, the missions, and advice. They walked down the hall and were greeted by the team.