ch. 6

DESCENDING the stairs Melinda followed the sounds she'd heard all the way from her bunk. She entered the science lab and through the windows she watched her protégée beat the crap out of their 100 pound punching bag.

"I'm surprised to see you up this early." May spoke, she got no response except for a series of punches. She walked toward the younger woman. "Sienna?"

Sienna spun backward throwing an alarmingly fast punch in the same spot where May's head had been only a few nanoseconds ago.

"Woah! Take it easy." May said stepping backward.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." Sienna turned back to the bag punching it with more force then before, if that was even possible.

"Maybe you should wrap your knuckles, or perhaps take a second to breathe." May suggested, keeping her distance.

"I'm fine." Sienna snapped.

"Sienna if you don't wrap your hands, you're going to break your knuckles, and then you won't be of any use to anyone." May moved in between the bag and Sienna's fists catching her hands.

"Let go May."

"No. You're going to hurt yourself, or someone else. What if instead of me it was Skye who came up behind you? Or FitzSimmons? You would've knocked them out. Take a break. The bag isn't going anywhere."

"Whatever." Sienna pulled her hands out of May's grasp and walked over to her water bottle.

"I don't know what's got you in such a rage, but whatever it is-"

"Don't let it interrupt your focus. I know."

"No. Don't let it destroy you."

"You should talk more often. You give good advice."

"It's only good if people listen to it."

"Point taken."

The two women looked up as they heard steps come across the balcony above the hangar. Coulson — dressed in his usual suit and tie — emerged from the shadows and stood at the edge of the balcony.

"Thought I heard noise coming from over here. At least you two are awake, I hate having to wake the rest of them up, they are most definitely not morning people. You would think-"

"Sir?" Sienna asked breaking up his tangent.

"Oh yes. We have a mission. May, I need you to chart a course for Italy."

"Yes sir."

"What about me?"

"Go take a shower, it's an undercover mission." Coulson turned, but quickly turned back. "And wrap your knuckles please, they look bad." May gave Sienna an I-Told-You-So look before walking away in the direction of the cockpit.

"Copy that." Sienna muttered under her breath.

• • • • • • • • • • • •

"Ian Quinn." Coulson stated as he walked in the room, Skye following behind.

"You found him?" May asked, almost eagerly.

"No, but we think we know how we can. Skye tracked down an invoice from one of his shell companies. He made a big purchase recently." Coulson responded.