uno

The whirring of the train halts to a stop as the jarring December wind blasts through the opening sliding door. Kenma shivers in his bright red windbreaker and drops the Nintendo console down on his lap. 

" Kozume, are you cold? "  A concerned voice breaks through the foggy and chilly atmosphere of a Monday morning, catching the boy's attention.

" Mhm, and you're not? " His gentle cat-like eyes dart up, meeting the hazy blue ones.

She sighs.

" I'm just nervous about my first day, what if the volleyball team doesn't like me? what if I'm placed into class one? what if I don't make any friends? what if- "

An exasperated scoff cuts the rambling girl off.

" Casey, you'll be fine, I promise. " is all he says to her.

-

Today's the first day of Casey Sakurai's journey through Nekoma high. In fact, it was her first day of even attending school in Japan. This has ought to become an experience disparate from her days in England, where she had lived ever since she could remember.

-

Casey walks out from the warm train carriage and into the freezing Tokyo morning, pacing along-side of her childhood best friend: Kenma Kozume. Of course, that was until he moved back to Japan and basically lost all contact with her for 10 years, but that's a story to tell for another time. Thoughts fill her head as she hurries down the polished sidewalk; a distant fog glosses over her electric-blue eyes, a growing curiosity of what's to come filling her body whole. She quickened her pace, eager to conquer her new challenge, and after walking for a good 15 minutes or so, a modern building appears from over the horizon, the front gates flooded by hundreds of students, eager to start their new day.

" Here goes nothing. " She tugs on her tie and disappears into the busy crowd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

whee first chapter!!

Also just a notice; kenma is the same age as Hinata shoyo (first year) in this fanfiction in order to make things work.

Casey Sakurai is also a first-year :D

oky that's it from me enjoy the next chapter <3