Untitled Part 2

We arrived at the castle only to see my father waiting viciously for Mehmed. Mehmed himself helped me off the horse and approved me greeting and embracing my father. He felt sympathy I was sure. I brought him forward and my father courteously shook his hand nodding at him. “Sultan Mehmed. I see you have visited us and returned our daughter to us for dinner. If you would love to join us in the feast as well that is”, he added to the Sultan. I shook my head and went ahead into the dining hall. My father abruptly pulled me back. “Young ladies should not be entering the feast without their loving escort”, he said raising an eyebrow, but cracking a hint of a smile at the same time. “No father. Of course not”, I replied sarcastically. I grudgingly took Sultan Mehmed’s arm and unhappily entered the hall again, this time being stared at but not stopped halfway. Mina Harker stared at us surprised as she too approached me. “I thought you detested him”, she whispered so he couldn’t hear. “No well, Vlad required that I enter with the Sultan, not without the Sultan. I know, I’m not happy about it either Lady Harker”, I shrugged as I embraced her too. My little dear brother Ingeras ran up to me excitedly. “My boy! How are you now?” I was just as overjoyed to see him as he was with me.

Sultan Mehmed eyed my brother beadily. “You know, son, you could still be in my army if you wanted to? I need a new member”, he said haughtily. I glared at him before replying, “Yes, and he is still too young to join your army, Sultan”. “No, it’s alright. I want to learn to fight too!” my brother cut in, smiling at Sultan Mehmed. “Son, I may be allowing your sister and the Sultan to court but I am not permitting you into this war. It stays between the grown ups. You are too young to risk your life”, father told Ingeras. “But father!” Ingeras protested. “Ingeras don’t”, I warned worriedly. Mehmed took me away to the back garden of the castle. He patted the space next to him on a garden bench and I reluctantly sat beside him but not close enough for him to wrap his arm around me.

I flinched away but he grabbed me closer again. “Do not try to escape me young Dracul. You will only infuriate me even more”, then he continued, “Now you will tell me of your plans for our future together. How many descendants?” he turned to me smiling. I choked on an apple that I was eating at the moment and fell to the ground watching it rot. “What? How do you expect me to have children at a young age? Since you are far older than I am. Go find a more suitable Queen for yourself. I am too young for you”, I gasped and he hit his hand hard on my back helping me to breathe again. I managed and left the castle on his horse with him and left, waving a last farewell to my father.

When we’d arrived back at Mehmed’s tent, he decided to take a little advantage over me. He started trailing butterfly kisses down my neck, carried me into the tent’s bedroom where I changed earlier on and he stripped me of my dinner attire. I did not give consent for him to ravage me this way like an animal gone into overdrive but my parents had given consent for him to bring me home with him just so he could have his way with me. I decided that being unhappy now will only result in me being unhappy later on in my life. So I gave in to his pleasures and let him seduce me for that night, enjoying the way his hands roamed my body. A princess has never felt this good before. Let alone a vampire prince’s daughter.

 The next morning he was there, still in his bare glory, laying beside me in our bed in the Persian style room. “When do we leave?” that question popped out of my mouth before I even thought about what I was going to ask. I acted before I thought. “I see you have changed your mind, young Dracul. I am impressed. However, we do not leave today, but this evening”, he smiled as he ran a hand through my hair. I sighed in exasperation and rested on his chest. I hated this but I had to get myself to learn that I shouldn’t be miserable about this. We cannot be fussed over who we want as our significant other. They just come and we just have to accept and take what is given to us. No complaint necessary. He was perfect. Sort of.

He held me closer to him and pressed his lips to mine and I returned the kiss. Only not so enthusiastic about it. “What is the matter, young Dracul?” he murmured worried looking down at me with the most genuine concern on his face. “I don’t know. This somehow doesn’t seem right. I don’t know what it is but something doesn’t seem right. Why were you and my father enemies, I don’t know but this seems wrong. I’m eloping with my father’s enemy”, I looked into his eyes looking for the anger to come about but he sighed. “You are right my love. Your soul is so pure. You do not deserve to be with a monster but with a man who can treat you right. I am willing to become that perfect suitor just for you. Anything. But your father already approves of me. He’s over the moon to find out we’re eloping. Your mother would be happy too if she was here. She would be so proud that you’re doing this for her. Not for me”, he poured his heart out to me.