1

"With every sun comes a new day. A new beginning. A hope that things will be better today than they were yesterday. But not for us.  My name's Eep and this is y/n and long story short y/n was lost when she was 6 so raised her yes we're the same age. And this is our family, the croods, and y/n is a l/n. If you weren't clued already by the animal skins/leather outfit, and sloping foreheads we're cavemen.Most days we spend in our cave...in the dark. Night after night day after day. Yep, home sweet home. When we did go out, we struggled to find food in a harsh and hostile world. And we struggle to survive with our family."Eep said.

"We were the last ones around, there used to be neighbors. Uh, the gorts smashed by a mammoth. The horks,swallowed by a sand snake. The erfs, mosquito bite. Throgs...common cold. And the croods and l/n-that's us. The croods and l/n made it because of Eep's dad,grug, He was strong, and he followed the rules." Y/n said.

"The ones painted on the cave walls. Anything new is bad. Curiosity is bad. Going out at night is bad. Basically anything fun was bad." Eep said.

"Welcome to our world." Eep and y/n said.

"But this is a story about how all that changed in an instant. Because what we didn't know was that our world was about to come to an end. And there was no rules on our cave walls to prepare us for that." Y/n said.
                                                                                      ***

Grug pushes the rock away then saw some creatures outside so he started to yell and run towards them and chased them away. Grug cracked his back But realized one of them stayed. So he yelled making it go away. Eep and y/n nodded as they gave each other a look and ran out and jumped on grug's back then jumped rock to rock.

"Ugh you two was supposed to wait for the signal Eep and y/n!" Grug said.

Y/n and Eep landed on a rock surface.

"Boo!" Y/n said.

The creatures ran away whimpering. Then jumped on Grug's face. Y/n and Eep just stayed on the rock.

"Oh, we've been in that cave forever!" Eep and y/n said.

"Three days is not forever." Grug said.

"It is with this family.." y/n said.

"Eep y/n, would you come down here? You two are being so....so dramatic."

Sandy ran out.

"No,no,no,no,no, Sandy, come back here. Remember the signal. Good girls wait for the signal."

Ugga came out and grabbed Sandy.

"As soon as I get Sandy, I'll go back in and you can give the signal." Ugga said.

"No, I mean, you're already out now."

"I'm waiting for the signal, dad!" Thunk said.

"Never mind Thunk! Just come out!"

"Uh, but if... if you don't give the signal, how do I know you're my dad?"

"The signal isn't so you know it's me; it's-it's so you know I wasn't eaten by an animal."

"Waitl th-then why is the signal an animal noise? Doesn't that just confuse things? I don't know, I'm -I'm still waiting for the signal."