Chapter 9

The next morning Evie woke up ready to try growing some fresh fruit and vegetables. As she starts to get up from her bed she realizes Dizzy was sleeping beside her with and arm hugging Evie's waist. Evie sighed as she resituated on the bed. Growing vegetables could wait. Right now she wanted to enjoy being near Dizzy.

An hour later Dizzy woke up smiling. "Evie I just thought you were a dream, but you are really here."

"Yep I am, and I am also officially late to meeting up with Uma. I will be back later okay oh and hear is some breakfast." Evie says throwing some food on the bed, and walking out.

Evie walked through the streets quickly making sure to blend in. When she got to the fish and chip shop. She saw Uma serving her two crew mates Harry and Gil. Evie sat down beside them waiting to talk to Uma. Uma came back out sweating.

"Oh hey Evie" she heard Uma say somewhat panting.

"Hey Uma, are you okay?" Evie asked concerned for the young sea witch.

Uma nods her head, "Yeah I am fine Evie just tired. Are you ready to show me what else can help us?"

"Sure when does your shift end?" Evie asked not wanting their parents to hear them.

"I will be off in fifteen minutes." Uma said before running back into the kitchen to fetch some more food

Uma came back out with four plate on balancing on her hand and arm, and a tray of drinks balanced on her pirate hat.

"Here let me help" Evie says picking up the drink tray from Uma's pirate hat. And one of the plates.

Uma smiles at the help. Most of her crew could not help her during the day so she was glad she had someone's to help wait the tables. "Thank Evie I can actually walk without dropping anything."

Evie just smiled as she walked to the table putting down the murky water. That the adults drank. "Just like there spirits" Evie muttered for only she could hear.

She then put the plate of smelly rotten fish on the table as well. She then waited for Uma to tell her what else to do.

After about fifteen minutes of serving tables Uma took her apron off and said, "Okay I'm off my shift for an hour than I have to work again so let's make this quick."

They went back to the hideout. Where  Evie showed Uma a varieties of seeds to plant.

"I do not see how tiny seed will help." Uma said as she looked at the packets.

Evie explained, "With the right amount of food water and sunlight they can grow into a food source, and the best thing is these are fast growing which means it will reproduce quickly."

"That is kind of cool. Can you show me how it works?" Uma asked Evie nodded as she pulled out a few clay pots and some soil to plant the plants with. Evie planted them one by one and then waters them. She then says something that was written on the packages. "Plants in this package grow tall and fair for we have enough to eat and share."

The plant instantly started growing which surprised Evie. She did not think they would grow that fast!

"Wow they really do produce quickly."  Evie said

Uma nodded in agreement, " You are telling me that is the fastest plant I have seen grow on the Isle!"

"Okay  what else can I do to help?" Evie asked

Uma replied bluntly " Do what you do best."

That confused Evie for a moment, but then she realized what Uma meant. She wanted Evie to sew clothing for the isle kids who did not have much to wear. Evie then went to her suitcase and grabbed some cloth and thread. And her sewing machine.

Uma looked at her before rolling her eyes, "Are you always this prepared"  she asked

"Are  you always working" Evie fired back as she set her sewing machine up

Uma chuckled, "Good point."

"Do yo have everyone's sizes?"  Evie asked Uma.

"I  have most of their sizes Dizzy and I are still working on it though." Uma replied handing her a piece of paper with some villains kid's name and sizes. It also had their main color

"Wow this is very detailed Uma thank you this will help a lot." Evie said gratefully to Uma as she looked through the names and sizes again.

"Do not thank me Dizzy did most of this. She was so excited to hear from you." Uma replied

Evie sighs, " I knew she would be. We have not talked since I left. I feel bad that I did not send her note more often, but life was hectic on the other side of the barrier."

Uma sighs knowing Evie felt bad for leaving Dizzy and the Isle , but she was back now. Unless Uma went crazy, "Evie listen she is lucky to have someone to care of her like you do. In fact all us villain kids are lucky to have you. You may have left, but you never forgot about us; unlike the rest of your crew."

Evie nodded as she started sewing, " Thanks Uma I needed that."

"Anytime I said I would help you make the isle a better place and I am going to stick with you. But I do have a question why did you leave?"

Evie replied, " I could not stare at the Isle from the other side any longer. And the fact that owning a dress shop, trying to get good grades, and a breakup does not help."

Uma looked at the clock, " Oh snap my mom is going to kill me if I am not at my shift on time I will talk to you tonight Evie" Uma said grabbing her pirate hat and running down the stairs trying to get to her mother's shop on time."

Evie chuckled before getting to work on sewing.

A/N
Here's chapter 9. I hope you enjoy it. If you do please vote.