Chapter 10

The second task was horrifying. Neville had to rescue Luna he did and returned, with scratches from the mermen when he attempted to rescue Hermione as well. Viktor returned with Hermione but was coughing terribly with self-transfiguration side-affects. At this point, Fleur returned without her sister as she got attacked by grindelows and was shivering since it was water with her fire instincts. Harry jumped in, fought off the mermen, and returned with fleur's sister. Cedric returned ten minutes outside the hour with Cho.

The third task came soon enough. The champions entered at four different points like on a compass. Viktor annihilated someone who tried to "Imperio" him. But he was stopped by the sphinx and had to shoot up sparks, and Fleur made it past the sphinx but got stopped by the acromantula. Cedric got stuck by fire spirits and had to leave the maze. Neville got to the center and touched the cup, only for him to vanish out of the arena.

Neville reached the graveyard. Avery was about to get Neville's blood, only for Neville to say, "I give my blood willingly, " and continued the ritual. What stood from the cauldron was not like any had seen before. "Lord" Voldemort had pale ashy skin, a forked tongue, and no nose. But he was mute; he had no voicebox and could only speak parseltongue. Voldemort was infuriated, but Neville used this distraction to summon the cup and pop himself away.