Chapter 35!

❤️"There are a hundred trillion cells in the human body, and every single one of the cells of my body loves you. We shed cells, and grow new ones, and my new cells love you more than the old ones, which is why I love you more every day than I did the day before. It's science. And when I die and they burn my body and I become ashes that mix with the air, and part of the ground and the trees and the stars, everyone who breathes that air or sees the flowers that grow out of the ground or looks up at the stars will remember you and love you, because I love you that much."

― Cassandra Clare, City of Heavenly Fire❤️

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What. The. Fuck?

What was he saying?!

He loves me?

Dan...

Dan Waters loves me!

I literally pinch myself after hearing this. Literally. How on Earth is that remotely possible? How can he...

He hates me for God's sake! He shouts at me, glares at me, snaps at me for every single thing. What in the name of God is this?! He even bragged about Nicole in front of me. He freaking kissed her right next to me. And he says he loves me?!

"What did you say?" I whisper, unsure whether I even have the strength to listen to those three words again from him.

"I love you, Chocolate. I love you a lot," He breathes in deeply, and I see that the beeping on the monitor has quickened to an undeniable pace. His breathing suddenly becomes ragged, and he grabs my hand firmly.

"What do you mean you love me?" I ask.

"I love you, Sarah. I have never loved anyone this much," Forgive me for thinking this right now, but I never thought a jerk like Dan had it in him to say such cheesy things to a girl. Turns out I greatly underestimated him.

"You're lying," I say softly.

"Sarah I'm dead serious," He used my name. He never does. What's more, I can see the raw emotion in his eyes, and I feel like running a hand through his hair. I wish each of his scar healed. I wish he never had to go through any of this.

"Your girlfriend is waiting outside, Dan. It's not funny. You think you can make a joke out of anything? God, I love you! And you think it's hilarious to just say it back in such a way, without even meaning a single word of it. Why do you always have to do this? Take something seriously! For once! You're lying on a hospital bed and you think it's funny to tell me you love me?!" A deafening silence follows soon after. I didn't just admit I love him, did I? Oh no...

"You love me?"

Oh jeez

"Sarah, look at me. Say it again. Please. You really love me?" He tries to get up, shifting all of his weight on his left leg, and then hisses in pain, falling back down.

"Dan relax. You're not getting up from your place, alright?" I snap at him.

"Sarah do you or do you not love me?" He demands.

"Yes, Dan! I love you. I love you so damn much. I have liked you since the sleepover. But how does it matter? You've got Nicole waiting for you outside," I turn around to leave, this conversation is too much all at once.

"Sarah, I don't like her. Never have, never will. I love you. It was always you. Nicole was just someone I used to make you jealous. To see if you liked me back too. Nothing else. But then you start going out with Sam, and I swear to God, I have never been so jealous of someone else. I wanted to rip him to pieces. Burn him alive-"

"Jesus Dan, you're in a hospital. Enough with the cannibalistic thoughts!" I interrupt him, and he chuckles, and then winces in pain; his scar hurting.

"But I'm serious. I felt like killing him. It hurt me to see you with him. It was uncontrollable. So I had no other option but to just tell you how I feel, without thinking of the consequences. Or of what you'd say. Or how you'd laugh at me and make fun of me. It took me an accident to make me realize how much of a fool I was for not telling you how I feel. But it was worth it. You're worth it. I love you."

Is it possible that just when he finished the last word, I was a pool of tears. This was indescribable. He wasn't joking. He was serious! Dan loves me! Aw shit...

"I love you too," I say in between my enormous crying session and he sighs in response, before a confused look takes over his face.

"What about Sam? You're with him, aren't you?"

"Oh no. That was all an act. Sam and I wanted to see whether you get jealous of him or not. We never really were together. I don't like him. Turns out our plan succeeded," I grin. Today was the happiest day of my life. Funny how three words from him makes me feel so happy and contended. Like I've got everything I ever wanted. Like I'm on cloud nine. It's eerie, actually. This effect he has on me.

"So you love me?"

"Ya.."

"Really?"

"Yes Dan!"

"Fuck," He mutters, running his right hand through his hair, careful to not touch his bandage.

"Why is it so surprising, you dumbass?"

"Because I never thought someone like you would ever love someone like me," He's got a full fledged grin covering his face, it's almost as if his jaw muscles are going to erupt suddenly.

"What do you mean someone like me?" I question and he shrugs.

"Someone so beautiful, and compassionate, and crazy. Someone who loves fighting with me. Someone whose dying wish would be to see me die," He mumbles, looking at me with wide eyes.

"You're right about that one. I still wanna kill you real bad," I smirk and he chuckles. It's good to see him laugh. It's a refreshing feeling.

"God, I love you," I say as I wipe yet another tear.

"And I love you too, Dan Waters. Unfortunate, but true," I joke and he glares at me.

"Remember the time in school where you said you'd never fall in love?" I ask him, thinking back to when we were standing on the terrace, and Dan challenged me that he was incapable of falling for someone.

"Oh yes. Never thought it'd be you. I mean, at that time, I used to detest you. Remember when we were locked in that theater while playing treasure hunt?" He asks and I nod. Of course I remember.

"And the conversation we had about olives and tomatoes..." I trail, laughing at the memory. I loved those little moments I had with him. It made me whole. Happy. Complete. It filled me up with this giddy emotion.

Never had I ever expected things to turn out this way. But it's all good now.

I love him.

And he loves me.

I couldn't possibly ask for more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for all those thinking this is the end, it certainly isn't. There is a lot more left to reveal. But I'll be updating after a week now, coz my exams start today!

Thank you for reading!

And whoa, what do you think about their confessions?!

Yours truly,

Swara:)!