one

It's heartbreaking to know that though, people change, she knew she could never. She knew that her past would catch up to her one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're so perfect, you know that, right?" Marcus spoke, caressing Lorelei's tear stained cheek. "I would never ever leave you."

Sadly, he did. That night, something strange happened to the two Stars trucked lovers, more so Lorelei.

Lorelei rested her forehead onto his, removing his hand from her cheek; instantly missing the warmth of his gentle fingertips. She gripped onto his hand, as another tear fell from her eye, sniffling just as so.

"Yeah, I know. I just don't know how to get my parents to approve of us, though I've tried the entire time we've been together. They just never want to see me happy," she sniffled once more lifting her head from his, looking into his sparkling hazel eyes.

"We'll find a way, I promise. We can run away, just like we've always dreamt of. We can start a family, live a good long life together without any worries, without them," Marcus replied, gripping onto her hands. Lorelei glanced down at their intertwined hands, squeezing his a bit before reconnecting their eyes together. Not once did his eyes ever leave her face, he was serious. He was in love, in love with someone who he couldn't be with, in love with someone who's future would soon crumble to pieces.

Just then, Lorelei growled in pain, quickly removing her hand from his, and placing it on her now growing and aching stomache

"W-what's wrong," he spoke, frantically removing himself from the bed, staring down at the woman he had proposed to months ago.

"I-I don't know," she hissed, as a long, painful screech made it's way out of her mouth.

Soon, blood soaked the white sheets of her bed, as she spread her legs open, her white dress soon ruined by the crimson colored foreign liquid. Quickly removing her undergarments, she cried out "Marcus," as more tears drenched her face, "help."

But he couldn't. He was practically frozen in time, his mouth agape. He was scared.

Lorelei stared at her fiancé with a questioning, but saddened and frantic look.

"I can't," he spoke, backing up into the wooden wall, slowly sliding down it as a tear escaped his worried eyes.

Lorelei let out a loud, unsatisfying cry as she pushed an unknown being out of her, all aching pain soon gone.

With one loud gasp, she slowly rested her head onto the soft mattress beneath her, as an unknown cry soon echoed throughout the small motel room.

Marcus slowly stood up, worry and confusion quickly making it's way to his face.

"No, this can't be," he slowly spoke, making his was to the foreign being that was now laid onto the bed, bloodied.

"I-I don't know how," Lorelei muttered, as her droopy, tired eyes made their way onto her once true love.

"I'm a virgin."