Girls and Boys

The manner in which the Great Hall was exited became a trend. With all the Slytherins heading for their common room in a crowd at the front, with [F/n] Potter tagging along slightly behind, all alone, with Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini completely behind, watching her in her lonesome manner. Blaise indeed could not repress his smile as he continuously patted Draco's back, gesturing towards the girl in front of them, whilst Draco simply walked along with, either his stern face, or the occasional ridiculous smile at Blaise's energetic self.

"I'm so happy for you two," Blaise exhaled, "it's been so long. You know - it hasn't been easy being pulled back and forth by you and Potter."

"Pulled back and forth?"

"One minute I hear you sopping over her: Oh, my [F/n]! I wonder how she is! If she still loves me! And then the next, being pulled by her and cried to over your bitch ass."

"She's cried over me?" Draco asked, turning to Blaise in surprise.

"Cried over you!" Blaise scoffed. "Boy, you are dumb."

"Why did she cry?"

"Well, off the top of my head ... one of the reasons was at the start of the sixth year. She said she caught you breaking Harry's nose and then spitting their mother's death in his face. She was not at all pleased, and when I left with her, she cried to me about it."

"I didn't know that ... I hurt her that much," Draco whispered, pursing his lips as he looked ahead of himself at the lonely Slytherin pacing the hallways, looking around in her own fantasy.

"She was not at all pleased about how you acted around Addington."

"Yeah, I know about that." Draco sighed. "I told her that we kissed."

"How did she react?"

"She just ... smiled and drank to it."

Blaise could not help but laugh. "That does sound like something she'd do."

"Now the whole school knows," Draco added.

"Yeah - how do you feel about that?"

"Good. I hope all the boys stay away from her."

"How does it feel to be dating the ... [F/n] Potter! The girl who lived. The girl who survived the darkest wizard of all time, and is now prepared to single-handedly destroy him herself, despite being that fucking tiny."

Draco smiled lightly. "It's ... yeah, it's quite alright, I say. When we were together at the Malfoy Manor, it was really fun. We wouldn't even have to be talking or anything; we just sat and did our own things, but it was nice just to know that [F/n] Potter is right next to me. Often, I would be sitting and studying and she'd be on my bed reading. And ... there's nothing more pleasing than going to bed knowing that it won't be empty."

"It seems like you had a fun Christmas holiday!"

"Yeah - especially the part where you went to see Ginny."

"Look - I told you! We were just discussing meeting up and she told me in a letter that Potter had probably died in a fire, and if she had not, then she most likely died at the hands of a Death Eater. I was interested, so we arranged to meet up. Simple as that."

By the time everyone reached the Slytherin common room, many Slytherins hung around, including the very group of girls who despised you possibly more than you cared about them. And, as you crossed the common room to get to the dorms, so that you could ensure all your belongings were where you'd left them, you were unpleasantly stopped by not one, not two, not three! But four (a new addition!) girls. Olivia Marleigh was the new addition; she stood beside the three girls you typically recognised, with her hands folded over her chest, looking at you as bitterly as the other three always had. And Pansy Parkinson, Ana Addington, and Millicent Bulstrode continued to sneer at you.