Chapter 34 The calm

Third person P.O.V.

Alarms from phones rang, students were either waking up or already in the common room. The sun was shining, almost cancelling out the colder temperatures as the winter season approached at a steady pace, while birds could be seen enjoying a bath in the sunlight while sitting on top of the now almost naked trees due to autumn passing by faster than the students could remember. It was a perfect Wednesday, with it being the middle of the week, students could not wait for Saturday and Sunday to arrive, and they had already accepted their fates of having to attend school, having a rather positive aura surrounding them. However, the day truly seemed perfect when many students recognized a fluffy top of green hair, bouncing with every step down the stairs and into the kitchen located in the common room, seemingly having regained colour in his eyes and hair, while keeping the pale tone of his skin and expanding it a bit more on his face, as the circles beneath his eyes had started to reduce. This was Izuku Midoriya, who, with a somewhat clear conscience, grabbed a bowl, poured some cereal and then milk, and began eating, more than what they had seen him eat in the past month.

Of course, no one really understood what caused such a dramatic change, with most of his friends who interrogated him yesterday sighing in relief as he was not holding his left arm and could see a small spark behind his once hollow green eyes. Still, it was Uraraka the most skeptical out of them, as she couldn't believe that Deku could flip the entire situation as if it were a switch in his head. Something wasn't right, and it bothered her that she was the only one that seemed to question what they had all seen this morning. So, like the worried friend she is, she walked over to her 'not so subtle crush', as Mina had named him, and sat across from him, with an worried expression and a mission to get to the bottom of this sudden upbeat change. "Hey Deku, you seem like you slept better." She started, only for him to look up and nod a few times and added a 'Yeah' to show his rapid change. "What happened?" She asked, only to receive a questioning look that asked her to continue. "What made you sleep better, or in fact, gain an appetite?"

Ochako P.O.V.

"I guess I needed that talk." Was all he had to say to almost make me flip the table and cuff him to a tree for monitoring. 'One does not simply just talk it out and change THAT FAST. Especially with a talk that was so vague' It was strange, to say the least, and to be honest, I wasn't going to be easily convinced, especially when he dodged yesterday's last question like that. "Are you sure Deku? You know you can't act, it'll just be worse." He stared for a few moments, deciding on his next move, as he kind of sealed the deal with a small smile. Not an over the top one, but a somewhat earnest one that could only be accompanied by a true statement. "I'm sure. I promised, remember?" He rhetorically asked, as if one could forget the scene when Tsu had started crying while pleading him to be his normal self. The one that used to inspire so many of our classmates. Deku stood up, put his bowl in the sink, having FINISHED it, something that hadn't happened in a long time, and went back up for final preparations to start another day at U.A. One that hopefully wasn't boring.

'And I had to ask for it, didn't I?' was all I could think as Present Mic was giving English class, having us try to memorise some of the foreign language most common phrases and words that could be used to name our super moves to make them sound cool and appealing to the public, as being a hero had become more of a public show than what it used to. Deku was taking some notes, in comparison to his just staring blankly at the board waiting for time to pass by. After the talk this morning, I couldn't deny that he was determined to put himself right back up, or at least, that is what he claimed. He never broke a promise. 'But what did he promise?  He just said he would end this by today at night. There is only one way to do that, right? Just get better, he wouldn't END IT in another way right?' I didn't want to think about that at this point, as it just seemed out of place and completely contradicting how he was acting today. He seemed better, maybe even clear of conscious, considering what he told me so long ago that night, how he felt guilty. 'Did he come to terms with what happened, or did he pay for what he thought was his fault?'

Izuku P.O.V.

It was lunch time,and to say that I was relieved was probably obvious as the time only got closer. I could not leave them with bitter memories of me, not after what I said today. They didn't know it, but it was the best for them and for everyone. I sat alone for a few seconds with a tray of a small portion of food, still not used to larger amounts of food like I used to have before, thinking about all the other times that I had considered it. My mom and I lived at a reasonable height for a swan dive,having looked out of my window a few times back in middle school, but never committing to it, as I thought it would get better. I also remember looking at my ceiling fan, my chair and a belt, constantly switching between the three. How naive I was. 'Guess what, it did get better. But I still found a way to royally screw it up. Probably because All Might isn't here to pick me up like he used to.' I also remember staring at the ocean sometimes for long periods of times but then going back home, lying to myself that it was a way to relax. I was brought out of those thoughts by a banging tray on the table and a softer glare than normal coming from the intense red eyes I knew for years. "You stopped it." 'I will Kacchan, I will.

Heyo. so next chapter is "The storm", like, calm before the storm. Kinda cliffhanging, but hey, you can kinda predict what will happen tomorrow...... kinda. Also, I won't be posting on the 24th, 25th and 31st of december as I believe it is a day for family and not depressive readings. However, I will post 2 or 3 chapters the 23rd as compensation, so don't worry, the story advances. Anyways, thanks for reading, I hope you had or have a day just like you are, amazing. See ya tomorrow.