Petrified

Far away, in a hidden cabin, a small baby cried in pain. Her tears dripped down her plum little cheeks, slowly onto her mother's arms as they tightly held her body.

The baby was shrieking loudly, but her mother tried her best to hush her cries. Afraid that he would somehow hear these wails and hunt them down.

"Sweetie, please. Stop crying, my baby." But no matter what, the baby's growing pain wouldn't stop.

She began to shriek loudly, a different type of cry now. One filled with fear.

Her mother noticed a change in the air, causing her to look up from her child.

She prayed that it wasn't him, that he hadn't found them yet.

She made her way towards a window that revealed the pitch blackness of the sky, no stars glowing tonight.

As she looked outside, she noticed a small light beginning to reveal itself from far, far away.

As she squinted her eyes to get a clearer vision, she noticed the light lurking closer and closer.

She gasped and widened her eyes in fear. It seemed as if the mother was horrified, frightened to her bones.

She started backing away from the windows, her grip around her wailing child tightened as tears pooled her eyes.

She began to breathe heavily, as panic took control of her.

She looked around for her wand, but it was no-where near her eye-sight. She became paralyzed to the spot when she heard the crunch of the leaves coming from outside her house.

She heard the loud familiar voice boom, "Come out Mira. Darling, no need to hide anymore."

Terror washed over her, raising the fine hairs on the back of her neck. A feeling of dread crept up from the pit of her stomach.

Every muscle in her body screamed at her to flee, for the safety of her child, but she remained frozen, stuck to the cursed grounds.

She heard a loud crash and the door flew across the room, landing at her feet.

Her heart hammered against her chest as she thought, 'He had found them.'

Amora - POV

I opened my eyes and instantly jolted up in my bed, taking in deep breaths as I gasped for air.

I slowly steadied my breath as I tried to calm the panic growing inside me.

My heart was throbbing in my ears, loud and irregular, but I barely seemed to hear it, for my mind was clouded with fear.

The fear running through my mind crippled me, freezing every muscle of my body.

What in the fucking hell was that?

Whatever I had dreamed of had left me feeling dreadful, fear was pooling up inside me, leaving my heart frozen and stomach feeling icy.

I couldn't help but let the image of the mother from my dream take over my head.

Her hair had been knotted down gracefully into a thick loose bun, some of the dark brown strands had loosely framed her face. Her face resembled a soft look, her eyes glowed in a light brown color.

I remember her petrified face when she had looked out the window, I knew she was afraid that someone was coming, but who?

Whoever it was had sent a wave of dread in the room, I could tell from how frightened the mother was. But more than that, it felt like I had lived through that horrifying moment in the past. It made me want to cry and cry until I had no emotions left in my body.