Chapter 1

AN** THIS IS IN JAMES'S POV**

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing. I groggily lift my head and look for it. Casey and I slept on the floor last night on our bed made of spare blankets. And after the sex we had I don't ever want to leave this spot. I sadly notice that I'm alone. Our apartment or Casey's is bear. We sold and donated a lot of the future as she was moving back home she didn't need any of it. Today was moving day for her and leaving day for me. 

Thinking of leaving I grabbed my phone from under my pillow and frowned at the brightness. It was almost 6 am and I had several messages and missed phone calls from my sister Janice.  Most of them were in lowercase but as I scrolled all caps appeared when she was yelling at me and how mad she'd be if I make us late for our flight. I groan and sit up dialing her number. 

"JAMES Finally you answer, say your goodbyes, Jacob and I will be there in less than 30 to go to the airport, our flight is at 8:00 and I want to be there on time." 

"Yes I know, I'll be ready." 

"Okay, good. Are you sure about Casey not coming with? We could always try to get her a last-minute ticket and---" 

"Yes, I'm sure," I say harshly cutting her off.

"Okay." She pauses, 

"See you soon," I say and hang up before she can say anything sisterly. 

I look up from my phone to see Casey standing in the hallway, she's freshly showered. Her hair is damp and I can smell her rose shampoo. She's looking at me but not making eye contact. And God do I want to see her eyes. One look from her and I'd do anything she asked. 

"Who was that?" she asks. 

"Just Janice making sure I'm ready."

 Casey nods. "Oh good"

"Case," 

She shakes her head. 

I open my arms, "Come here." I'm anxious to see if she does or doesn't, I hope with all my might that she does. 

She takes a step toward me and kneels across from me. I lean forward and wrap my arms around her. And she leans her head on my shoulder sniffling. 

Damn. I made her cry. I didn't want her to cry, maybe holding her is a bad idea. I start to pull away and she holds on tighter. 

"Please." is all she says. And that's all it takes for me to return her hold. 

"Ask me to stay," I murmur into her neck. 

"No, you have to go." 

"But-" 

"No buts," 

"Casey." I pull back to look at her face, "I will stay for you if you want me to." 

"But your family, your sister is on her way." 

"Screw them!" 

"James, we talked about this," Casey sighs.

She's right we did. I wanted to go see my family and vacation in Mexico, but I also still wanted Casey. 

"You broke up with me last night don't you remember." She says as she stands, "So you're going." 

I stand too. UGH. I hate this. I run a hand through my hair frustrated at the situation I've created. 

"Look, I did because I wanted  to give us space, to give a chance to have a break from us." 

"Well, Ross and Rachel will tell you breaks don't work," she says. Her back to me now.

"Casey,"

"No James. I get it. You go have your summer of fun with your family and I'll spend mine with my own family. 

She turns back to face me. "You better get dressed, I'm sure you're running out of time. And I gotta clean once more before giving the keys back." She walks to me. And I take her in, her blonde hair, gorgeous eyes, and lips I've kissed a thousand times. 

"Have a great summer, James." She says this and leaves a kiss on my cheek. Then turns away picking up Lydia who was laying on her bed. 

I watch as she sits down on the floor petting a purring Lydia. I feel tears in my eyes as I watch her, but force myself to go shower instead of running over and holding her again. 

After my shower, I hurry to make sure I have my bag packed. I don't need much just mainly clothes. And my phone. Which has a new text from my sister saying she's here. 

I open the apartment door and look back through the door one last time. Casey has headphones in and has been busy sweeping and doing other last-minute chores. I want to get her attention but know it's probably best to just go. So I do, I step out and close the door behind me.