Chapter 3

⌈ 𝘋𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴, 𝘛𝘟 ⌉
𝘈𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘭 16, 2020
⌊ 8:00 𝘗𝘔 ⌋

Saris sat in the social worker's car who she later learned was named Mrs

Saris sat in the social worker's car who she later learned was named Mrs. Hernandez. A cop car followed them as they made their way to arrest Clara. The results hadn't come in but they had enough cause to hold her until things were final.

For the night Saris would stay with Mrs. Hernandez since she was a licensed foster mother. Saris was only going to her house to collect the things she needed because Detective Marks said this could be her last time there ever.

Everyone assumed Saris had picked up on everything, but little did they know she was completely lost. What was "obvious" isn't obvious to Saris so she was just going with the flow.

Dad💙 : I just mailed your present it should be there within a week

Saris smiled remembering her birthday was tomorrow. She hadn't had a party or even celebrated in so long, but she always felt like it was a special day. Saris zoned out and forgot to respond as they pulled into the driveway of her house.

She nervously approached the door followed by Mrs. Hernandez and the two police officers. She got her keys looking at each individual one until she found her house key.

The lock clicked and she turned the door immediately, getting met with a slap to the face. Her face whipped to the left and she held it along with her tears.

"You have the audacity to walk into my house all late after ignoring my calls?!"

The police ran over and immediately tried to handcuff Clara.

Saris sniffed and removed her hand from her face and felt her lip. She looked down at her hand and saw a spot of blood.

"C'mon hurry and pack." Mrs. Hernandez rushed Saris to go pack.

"Clara Stephenson you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used in the court of law..." was faintly heard as Saris walked away.

She heard yelling and looked back to see Clara resisting. It slowly escalated as she started going ballistic causing both officers to pin her down so that they could put the cuffs on.

Saris shook her head and began packing. Her room was bare with nothing more than a bed, desk, and her personal things. She packed the few clothes and looked around her room. It looked emptier than usual with the only thing of hers left being the pictures on the window sill.

It was Clara and her when she was younger. She slightly smiled at the memories but stopped when she heard commotion outside.

News reporters and cameras surrounded the police car where Clara was being forced into. Saris shook her head, deciding to take the pictures as they always cheered her up. The thought of the period of time she was really happy always uplifted her.