ten

STAY, GRACIE ABRAMS

STAY, GRACIE ABRAMS

She's disappeared.

She has answered none of my calls and text messages. Genesis' step-mom called me the next day - after our, I love you's - to tell me Genesis would be indisposed for the next few days. Those few days turned into two weeks. Was she having second thoughts? She couldn't be, right?

Her father was on my agenda today. Perhaps he could shed a light. Breadcrumbs. A damn beacon. Anything.

There's a knock on my office door as I finish that thought.

"Mr. Taylor, your ten o'clock is here," Crystal peaks her head into my office.

"Okay, let them in," I reply. I grab the documents in front of them, place them into their respective folder, and neatly put them aside.

"Mr. Ferreira," I stand from my desk to greet him.

"Matthew," he extends his hand to me when we reach each other.

"It's a pleasure to have you here again, sir," I shake his hand. "Please have a seat."

"Pleasure's all mine," he says. "Thank you."

"I understand you wanted to complete the re-establishment of our contract?" I ask as I settle back down in my chair.

"Yes," he replies. He pulls out a folder. "I signed the contract on my side. I will continue to provide make-up supplies for your magazine as a promotion for both of us. As well as for your dancers at Monarch Manor."

I look through all the pages of the contract we had established once upon a time, six years ago.

"It looks great," I say and sign all the approximate spots. "I will have Crystal send the signed copy."

"Awesome," Adrian says. "It's not the only thing I'm here for."

"Oh?"

"I'm sure you know my daughter has ghosted you, per se," he says.

I squirm in my seat. "We can say that."

"It wasn't on purpose. I had to check my daughter into a rehabilitation center two weeks ago. She suffered a depressive episode because she stopped taking her medication. She's back home, but she's not completely herself yet. I thought, perhaps, you'd be able to help with that."