Journal entry 1: Our New House

Journal entry - day 1

Hey mom, I know it's been a while since you've been gone, but dad decided to get me a journal so I could write to you, or about my feelings, I guess... anyway, i- um... We're moving tomorrow to a new house in a new city, and I just wish you were still here with us. Oh- I think dad is calling me, but I'll be back to write again - Stella, age 15 

Stella's Pov:

Tomorrow my dad and I are going to move to our new house. We have to wake up early, so it's still dark outside as I wake up, and I start doing my daily routine. Take a shower, brush my (long)hair, put my teal sweatshirt on with my favorite galaxy tee-shirt under and my black and purple star pattern tights on.

When I'm Almost done, I look out of my telescope at the sky. I love the sky and the stars; it makes all my worries disappear. I then stop zoning out and start heading downstairs. I go downstairs and to the kitchen to meet my dad, who already had breakfast on the table. He then noticed my appearance and saw my ears and tail. After he told me about it, I hide them away, thinking they must have appeared when I was looking out of my telescope. Once we finished eating, we started packing for our new house.

"I can't wait to go to the new house," I sarcastically said though I don't really care if we move or not; as long as I have my dad with me, I'll be fine. My mom died when I was 12; she had cancer. So my dad and I started doing the same routine we did when mom was here. Except I'm quieter now, and I have no friends. Since then, I've been a loner, and students from my old school would bully me because of it, and now that freshman year had ended, I'm going to a new school.

(back to the story Stella)

After I finished packing, we put everything in our car and started. We were driving in a neighborhood called 'Spring Sun Avenue.' When we got to the house, you could tell it was small but beautiful. It is a 2-story level industrial minimalistic style house; on the 1st floor was a kitchen with a living room and bathroom and my dad's bedroom, the 2nd floor was my area, which basically was a loft studio. It had my mattress on the floor and my art studio area, where I have my photos and art designs; my telescope was looking out the window.

The interior of the house (but more of an industrial style):

After we looked around, I went into my room and started unpacking

After we looked around, I went into my room and started unpacking. While I unpacked, I realized that school starts in a week so I might as well buy a school uniform and some new clothes. I'll ask dad about it later. I finish about two hours later and go downstairs and talk to dad. After that, we ate dinner and went to bed.