A Looping of the Scales - Chapter 61 to 80 - Harry Potter FanFic.net

Hello. I own nothing and the original source is:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5061224/1/A_Looping_of_the_Scales

Enjoy it!

Chapter 61 to 80

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 61: Clandestine thoughts and acts

"No, Harry."

"Oh, come on, Ginny."

"No! Hermione said she didn't want anyone there, Harry. You should respect her wishes," Ginny told him, her arms folded as she scowled at him. They were sitting on a bench in a corridor on the first floor. Harry was trying to convince Ginny to come with him to watch the duel.

"But Ginny, aren't you the least bit curious to see who wins?" Harry asked her.

"Of course I am, but they'll tell us afterwards, Harry. You really shouldn't spy."

"It's in my nature to spy, Ginny. You know that."

"Well, I'll have nothing to do with it, Harry. And if Hermione turns you into something small and wriggly, it'll serve you right," Ginny said.

"They won't even know I'm there. The room will hide me," Harry said confidently.

"If you can even find the room."

"I'll find it, or, as badly as I want to see that duel, it will find me. I'm sure of it," the boy who lived declared. Ginny sighed.

"You still don't listen to people, Harry," she said, shaking her head.

Harry, who had been imagining the sparks flying between Snape and Hermione blinked at Ginny and said, "What?"

"I rest my case," Ginny hissed, standing up and walking away from him angrily.

"What?" Harry called after her, rising himself and following.

"What did I do?"

Hermione spent the first half of her day putting together her written Muggle Studies presentation for her NEWTs. Since she was Muggle-born and understood nuances that witches and wizards raised in the wizarding world didn't grasp, her success would be a no-brainer. Weighing in at two hundred and twenty-five pages of research, she was absolutely sure she'd get an Outstanding, especially combined with the written test.

When she was satisfied with the finished product for Muggle Studies, Hermione took out her sketches of Severus and did a bit of inking on the best ones, cleaning them up. Her sketch work wasn't perfect but it was definitely passable. Hagrid had been a very patient instructor. She planned to use the gryffin sketches for both NEWTs. She had checked carefully and there was no rule against submitting similar presentations although the focus would be slightly different. Snape's form was so rare in the magical world as a real animal, that an Animagus form would do nicely.

She studied a drawing of Snape as a wizard pre-transformation. She stared at his eyes, looking straight back at her. Even in the sketch, they made her feel as if they could see inside of her. She carefully inked the sketch, focusing so she didn't make any mistakes. She set it down to dry, cocking her head at it.

She never imagined that she would be in this position with the former Potions master. How could she have ever imagined it? But here she was, sleeping with him—and liking it. She didn't dare think she loved it, because that would be too close to admitting she loved him. Love was a word she didn't have time for, not in that sense.