Chapter 7

Y/N sat there, her mouth slightly hung in awe. They really meant it when they said "go all out", she was a sucker for music that meant something, especially to the artist and it was clear that it meant something to everyone there, perhaps a different something but something all the same. She shook off her awestruck freeze and finished up her notes.

A smile spread across Y/N's face and she looked back up at the group, they chattered excitedly amongst each other. "Well, I think that might just hold up against the other performers." She winked at them, a grin playing on her lips. "Hold up? We'll do more than hold up, we'll knock this out of the park, just watch!" Alex patted Luke's arm, trying to calm him down; apparently when music came into play Luke's only way of communicating was shouting excitedly. Y/N snapped her fingers next to her ear, "Okay, we're good, I still have my hearing." Julie looked at Luke pointedly, he rubbed his neck sheepishly "Sorry."

Y/N shook her head, a smile spreading over her lips at their antics. She stood up, collecting her notes and paper and carefully slipping them into the purple folder, her fingers grazing against the papery surface as she places it on top of her pile. She bundles them all into her arms and sends a smile over to the group. "Well, that was absolutely amazing! And as much as I want to stay here and make you play over and over again I have to go and make notes on the highlighters, don't worry though, next session I'll have tips from Cal and we'll be able to set it all up to be show-stopping!" Y/N grinned over the pile in her arms and Julie made her way over to the door, Y/N smiled in appreciation as Julie opened the door for her, "Thanks, Firecracker, don't know what I'd do without you." She turned to the boys and winked at them, "Don't drive Julie too mad, I'll see you himbos some other time."

Julie walked Y/N to the gate, idly chatting about music, the performance details and other such things, they were just about to bid their final goodbyes when Y/N whirled around, remembering one final thing. "Hey, Firecracker, could you get your friend, Flynn, to give me a call. I'll need your marketing team to help me make posters. If Cal likes them he might just steal her away from you." She winks to which Julies laughs, "I'll let her know, and I'd like to see him try, he can't take her away that easily!"

The two girls chuckled together, Y/N looked down at her watch. "Oh shoot, I have to go or I'll be late for the highlighter squad or whatever they're actually called. I'll see you soon, Miss Molina, and when I do we're gon a make you and your boys stars." She walked out of the gate, only turning her head slightly to smile at Julie before speedwalking to her destination.

---

"Hey! Hey! Hey, wait up!"

Y/N frowned slightly but kept walking, she had places to get to, people to coach and she didn't even know if they were talking to her.

"Hey! Y/N! Stop for a second!"

Oh, nevermind, they did mean her. Y/N blew a stray hair out of her face and turned around, an eyebrow raised for whoever decided that she had all the time in the world and just needed to talk to them.

"You actually stopped! I mean, cool. I knew you couldn't resist me."

Leather Boy winked at her, a grin stretching across his face. Y/N rolled her eyes before reaching into her pocket to grab her phone, whilst simultaneously trying to balance her pile of folders in the crook of her other arm.

"Wait- what are you doing? I just wanted to talk-"

"Hi, Leather Boy, thanks for calling, what can I do you for?" Y/N smiled down at the ground, before looking up at him. She felt a bit awkward, but he seemed fine, maybe he forgot about their impromptu dance/singing fun.

"I was hoping to walk a lovely lady to her next rehearsal," Reggie smirked, holding his head high. Then his eyes widened slightly, "But of course I don't have to if you don't want to because I get I can be- well. Nevermind, I'll just go. See you around, Diner Gal."

"Hey, wait! I don't mind- I mean, you can walk with me...if you want. Also, Diner Gal?" Reggie picked at the skin next to his fingernails, bashfully averting his gaze as Y/N looked at him, highly amused. "Well, because you work at a diner and I like diners and food and you, so I thought it would be cool," He looked up again, catching her gaze, a smirk finding it's way onto his face. Her face felt warm, she knew he didn't mean it like that but it was still nice to hear. "Plus, you call me Leather Boy and I don't complain so I get to give you a nickname too, so there!"

Y/N laughed at his antics, a childlike proud innocence dawned his features making her smile wider. "Well, good sir clad in leather, if you would be so kind as to escort me to my destination." She stood up straight (which actually helped balance her folders better) and pulled face, making her voice as posh as she could. "It would be my honour, my fair lady." He mimicked her stance, making her look down, biting her lip to keep from bursting out into laughter.

"So, I'm gonna be honest, I have been told to pry information from you. Are we the best band playing or are we the best band playing? Because I know that we are, but do you know? Does everyone else know?" Y/N snorted before composing herself and looking up at him, "Okay, the arrogance is through the roof but you guys do just so happen to be my favourite performers, but Hummus comes up second. The Highlighters aren't too shabby either, they just have outfits that make my eyes bleed." Reggie chuckled, making the blood rush to her cheeks. She liked his smile and his laugh was music to her ears. Y/N shook her head and sped up her walking, glancing down at her watch and back up.

"Hey, wait for me!"

---

Y/N clutched onto her folders with one arm and held her phone up to her ear with the other, she was simply trying not to drop everything whilst laughing with Reggie. Their laughter faded out as they came to a stop in the wake of a giant mansion. Y/N sighs and turns to Reggie, "Well, that went quickly. Uh, thanks for walking with me, it was fun."

"Oh, yeah, no problem. Is this it? The place, this is it?" Y/N sighed, a tired smile playing on her lips, "Sure is, I gotta go in, the Highlighters are waiting for me. I'll see you next time, Leather Boy."

She sent a smile his way before putting her phone in her pocket and walking over to the gate and pressed the buzzer. Reggie smiled to himself, "See you later, Diner Gal."

---

Sorry for the lateness, the essays right now are just the most-

To clear the dates up a little, they went to the diner on a Saturday, demo'd and had a Reggie moment on Sunday, the last part and this one are set on Monday. We have the whole rest of the week to go. 

I've never really written romance before, I usually do setting pieces but I'll try to make it as good as possible. Enjoy!