Chapter 3

Lately, I have been making so many nice and very attractive friends that all happened to go to the same school. They all took time out of their days to visit me while I worked my less than minimum wage job.

Thinking about how shitty I get paid almost made me want to quit, but it was in such a convenient area that I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Hearing the bell ring, I looked up and made eye contact with the pretty boy who frequently came to the store. He always grabbed the same drink, but on occasions, he would grab a snack to go with it.

People like what they like.

I sighed to myself hoping that time would move faster.

The pretty boy placed his drink on the countertop, waiting for me to ring it up. I looked at the label before ringing it up.

"You should get another one, buy one, get one half off," I said, looking up after a while. His eyes gleamed and he nodded before heading to the back to grab another one. I told him his total and placed both of them in a bag.

"Later," I said while giving a peace sign. I quickly lowered it after remembering that I did not know him and that I was also still at work. He tilted his head and gave me a ghost of a smile before leaving. My eyes widened while I felt my heart speed up.

God, I am such a loser.

I slumped into my chair that was behind the counter and buried my head in my hands. It only took one attractive person to smile at me and now I don't know how to act.

I pressed my cold hands to my cheek to get them to cool down a bit. "Are you alright?" I heard Daniel ask, not lifting my head to look at him.

"I'm such a virgin, dude!" I groaned into my hands and kicked my feet slightly. I could hear him snort and hold back his laughter. His cheeks were a dusty pink and he shook his head at me.

"Couldn't relate." That was all that he said before making his way to the back. I gasped and stood up. "No way! You and Jay finally did the nasty!" He quickly lowered his head and shuffled faster to get away from me.

"You can't just crush my heart like that and run away! Daniel!" I couldn't hold back my laughter as I crashed onto my chair. My little baby-angel-Daniel had finally gotten dicked down; almost made me want to cry actually.

Hearing the bell ring, I snapped my head to look up.

"Welcome!"

*

"I'm going to do it. I am going to talk to the pretty boy today!" I said, paying no mind to the fact that Daniel had rolled his eyes at me.

"Yeah, okayyy." He continued to stock shelves not even bothering to look at me. I couldn't believe that he wasn't even going to listen to my amazing plan to actually talk to the pretty boy.

"You say this almost every other day when he comes in, you won't do it." Daniel shrugged as he continued to talk to me over his shoulder.

"You don't know that-"

"You always freeze or embarrass yourself, so I do know that." He continued to lecture me while sweeping the floor. I turned my back to him and pulled out my phone, no longer feeling the need to talk to him.

Me: Guys, how to talk to kute boy?

BabyBenny🥵😏💪: Aw, and here I thought I was the guy of your dreams😔

GoGo😋🥴😘: Just be yourself..nvm that's a bad idea lol

Sir. Broccoli 👀 😳💀: Your spelling is hideous.

Me: Benny, I want to jump your bones every time I see you, but this guys just seems so kool and I just want him to ✨appreciate me✨

Sir. Broccoli 👀 😳💀: Please stop spelling incorrectly. ✨It's disgusting✨

GoGo😋🥴😘: Ur just old.

Me: He really is an old man in a young man's body.

Me: A sexy old man 😘😘😘

BabyBenny🥵😏💪: Ew

GoGo😋🥴😘: Ew

Sir. Broccoli 👀 😳💀: Ew

I pouted at the fact that they weren't willing to help me but instead continue to spam me. "I don't need 'em! I can talk to him no problem, I just got to amp up my sex appeal," I spoke to myself paying little mind to Daniel's snorts.

Just as I began to sike myself up, he walked in. We made eye contact and he gave me a slight bow of his head in greeting. "HeLlo WeLcOmE," I physically cringed at how my voice cracked. Daniel slapped his hand to his mouth to hold in his laughter.

I could feel my face feel warm while I glared at him. 'I hate you' I mouthed to him, while he blew me a kiss in return.

The pretty boy walked up to the counter and placed his drink and snack in hand. I could feel my mouth turn dry as he continued to stare at me. I snapped out of my trance and quickly rang him up and placed his items in a plastic bag before handing them to him.

"You're really beautiful, have a blessed day," I said quickly before turning around to look at the cigarettes that lined the wall so I wouldn't have to look at him. It was quiet before I heard the soft laughter of the guy I have been pinning over for the last couple of weeks.

I peeked over my shoulder and saw that had one of his hands covering his mouth as he laughed softly. I couldn't help but let out my own laughter and scratched the back of my neck anxiously.

He opened his eyes and looked at me a certain glint flashing through his eyes. "Have a blessed day." He smiled and walked out of the store.

I froze feeling my body heat up. I began to jump in place and dance around.

"He smiled at me and laughed! I got him to laugh!" I began to shake Daniel by his shoulders while I continued to geek out.

"That was your plan?" Daniel asked, looking bewildered. I couldn't help the smirk that crawled onto my lips.

"Well it worked didn't it!"

"I worry about you sometimes."

"And I worry about your dick game, but that's none of my business.."