Greedy Graham Saves the Day

Author's Note - Hey everyone! I'm so excited to share a new short story inspired by the new #LivetheSIMSLife content and one of my favorite games! We all know that SIMS is a fun way to live out our most crazy, hilarious and exciting virtual adventures, which is why I've created my own SIMS world based on the game. I really hope you guys enjoy my short story! Stay tuned to the end to read about how YOU can enter the contest and create your own SIMS world here!

GREEDY GRAHAM SAVES THE DAY

Jessie watches through the car window as her new neighbourhood rolls past her. With large swaying trees, clear blue skies and vibrant green grass, the neighbourhood looks perfect at first glance.

"You're going to love it here, hon." Mom tries to reassure her. Jessie smiles and nods her head despite feeling disheartened. The new neighbourhood is pretty but Jessie didn't see a problem with her old one.

"Can we go home? This town is nice but I really like our old house." Jessie whines. Dad turns around and gives her a small smile.

"Oh, come on, Jessie. You're going to love it here if you give it a chance." Dad tells her and gives her knee a soft squeeze. Jessie silences and turns to watch out of the window. A figure in the shadows suddenly grabs her attention and Jessie sits upright in her seat.

"What was that?" She whispers in awe. Her eyes follow the hunched over figure as he weaves in and out of trash bins. Jessie's parents don't hear her and continue to drive along before pulling into their new driveway. Jessie hops out as the sun shines down on Sunnyvale's newest neighbours.

"Don't go too far, honey!" Mom yells over as she begins to unpack the car. Jessie nods and begins tip-toeing in the direction she saw the hunched over figure.

"Where did you go?" Jessie whispers as she peers into the dark shadows. The sound of her new neighbours greeting Jessie's parents pulls her away from her search.

"Jessie! Come and meet our new neighbours!" Mom yells, ushering Jessie towards her. Jessie smiles politely and licks her lip at the tray of freshly baked cookies in her neighbours hands.

"Hello there! We're so excited to welcome you into our neighbourhood. Would you like some freshly baked cookies?" Jessie's neighbour says as she bends down to talk to Jessie. The little girl nods her head and a sheepish smile stretches across her lips.

"Thank you." Jessie says as she swipes a chocolate chip cookie from the tray. The cookie is chocolatey, gooey and still warm from the oven. As soon as Jessie opens her mouth to take a bite, a figure swipes it from her and scurries away. Jessie gasps and her eyes widen as she stares at the hunched over man scurrying down the street with her cookie in his hand. His cackling laughter floats through the air.

"Who is that?" Jessie's parents question as they pull Jessie to their side. Jessie giggles as she watches the man shove the cookie whole into his mouth before swallowing.

"Oh, that's Greedy Graham. We can't get rid of him! He's our town's Freegan." The neighbours complain. They make a disgusted face when they talk about Graham and his greedy habits.

"He scours through our bins all day and night. He'll eat anything!"

"Anything?" Jessie questions in complete awe. Her neighbours nod to confirm her question.

"Anything. We caught him eating rotten vegetables the other day! Rotten food is his absolute favourite."

Jessie's parents grimace at the new information on their slightly crazy neighbour. Jessie giggles and peers down the street to catch another glimpse of the hungry man. Even though the neighbours are annoyed and disgusted by Greedy Graham, Jessie finds him absolutely fascinating. "Where did you go, Greedy Graham?" She says sadly as she loses sight of him.

The next day, Jessie wakes before everybody else and pulls open her curtains. She gasps and reaches up to rub furiously at her eyes.

"Am I dreaming?" Jessie whispers, reaching over to place her hand on the glass window. To Jessie's amazement, rotten food is falling from the sky. It covers the floor and piles up within seconds. Jessie runs to her parents room to show them.

"Mom, Dad, look! It's raining food!" Jessie yells, tugging at her parents bed sheets. Jessie's parents protest sleepily until their eyes land on the chaos unloading outside their window.

"Oh my god, you're right! It is raining rotten food!" Jessie's parents yell. After calling an emergency meeting, Sunnyvale is officially bamboozled at the raining rotten food. The entire population gathers to brainstorm ideas and come up with a solution.

"What are we going to do about it? We have the town inspection tomorrow!"

"The Land Grabb's are going to evict us if we don't clean this mess up!"

"Clean it up? It's inches thick! It's going to take us forever!"

Jessie sneaks to a nearby window to check out the falling food mystery. Rotten carrots, old potatoes, mouldy bread and fruit falls from the sky and adds to the mess covering the entire neighbourhood.

"I know what to do," Jessie says quietly as she turns to face her new neighbours. The room quietens as everybody turns their attention to the little girl.

"We ask Greedy Graham for help!" Jessie says proudly, grinning at her brilliant idea. The town members glance at each other and nod their heads in approval.

"Brilliant idea! Greedy Graham will clean it up!"

"He's a Freegan, they love trash!"

The town members all shout out in hope. Everybody begins to wade through the rubbish towards Greedy Graham's house on the edge of town. Jessie walks up to his door and knocks politely. Greedy Graham answers and grunts down at her.

"Hello Mr Graham. My name is Jessie." The little girl smiles, handing him a piece of rotten apple. Greedy Graham swipes it from her and grunts a thank you before shoving it into his mouth. He burps loudly and rubs his stomach for more. Jessie giggles and gestures towards the anxious town people waiting behind her.

"We need your help. The town is going to be ruined with all this rotten food if you don't eat it all!" Jessie explains. She takes hold of Greedy Graham's claw and gently pulls him out of the house. Greedy Graham watches the little girl in awe as he has never been interacted with by any of the town people before. He grunts happily at her as she points to the rubbish falling from the sky.

"Will you help, Greedy Graham? Please?" Jessie begs, looking up at him with wide eyes. Greedy Graham hesitates but eventually nods his head. The crowd goes wild as they clap and cheer. Greedy Graham grunts happily at the attention before getting down to work. He chomps through every piece of rotten food before moving onto the next. Jessie follows behind him and giggles at the peculiar trash eating creature.

"You can do it, Greedy Graham!" Jessie cheers him on.

"You're the best Freegan in the world!" Jessie yells encouragingly. Greedy Graham burps loudly and Jessie falls to the floor in fits of laughter. When Graham is on the last piece of rotten food, Jessie claps excitedly and runs towards him. She embraces him tightly.

"You did it! You saved our town! You're the best, Greedy Graham!" Jessie gushes as the entire town erupts into applause. The neighbours chant Greedy Graham's name which causes him to smile broadly. He clasps Jessie's hand in his and enjoys his new found fame and attention from everyone. With his new friend beside him, Greedy Graham sets off to find his next piece of trash in Sunnyvale.