once upon a dream

Warnings: EXTREMELY LONG, parental neglect, a lil angsty, PINING!!!

June 1971

It was a rainy June morning. The fog from the night before seemed to take a little while longer to lift off of the ground.

Y/N stared out into her backyard. Covered with flowers and freshly cut green grass. It was around eight in the morning. People began to walk out of their houses and into their cars and drive off to work.

Y/N didn't quite enjoy the summers that much. She found the fall and winter seasons more appealing than the warmer ones. She liked being able to go outside in more comforting clothing, but the feeling she got around the end of the year is a better feeling than wearing comfortable clothing.

It could also have to do with the fact she practically lived within her fathers sweaters. The soft fabric that draped over torso just a little bit. She was wearing one of them right now.

It was his favorite one. It was red and her grandmother said she made it for him for his 30th birthday. Her father too, also had a soft spot for the piece of clothing.

Speaking of the devil, he walked into her room and called for her. She gladly walked out of the room, grabbed her coat and shut off the light before she closed the door.

She walked out of the house and said goodbye to her dog. She wouldn't be coming home for a couple hours but she still wanted her pets to know she loved them even if it was just a small piece of time.

She got into the backseat of her parents car and drove off into the day. The three of them were on their way to their friends house. They lived about an hour out of their small little town.

Y/N wasn't really looking forward to this semi-trip. She was very shy and never got along with any of their friends kids. It was going to be a party after all, there would be kids her age but it would just be the same as it always was.

Most of the time she was the only girl amongst the kids so she always felt left out. But maybe she wasn't missing out on much when the only thing the boys seemed to do was be loud and immature.

It was going to be a long day.

She didn't understand why her parents loved torturing her by making them visit their friends so early. The party didn't start until a few hours so why would she have to wait for the party by doing nothing?

She fell asleep as she looked out the car window. Her eyelids struggling to stay up as she watched the town go flicker fast before her eyes. It was much easier to fall asleep when you didn't want to do the things you had to do.

She wasn't one to have a tantrum over doing something she didn't want to do. She usually just obeyed and stayed silent. The idea of speaking out wasn't all that nice of a thought.

It wasn't long before her nap was interrupted by her father shaking her arm. It was probably around ten now. The hours seemed to be going slower than she ever wanted them to.

The day was boring. It was just spent with her parents talking and having fun with their friends. Their only child was thirteen, Y/N was eleven so it felt a little awkward being around the girl.

But alas, the girl and Y/N still made conversation and tried to keep each other company as they waited for the rest of the guests to show up.

Talking to her seemed to make the time go a lot faster, and here she was, still sitting in her bedroom as a bunch of other kids came to join them. It was mainly boys, which was no surprise.

Y/N hadn't spoken to anyone other than her parents and that girl that night. She was more of an observer and didn't quite like to put herself out there.