Chapter 4: I Meet My Family

The song in this chapter is "Say you won't let go" by James Arthur. Also, kind of spoilers for TOA? Read at your own risk

I woke up the next morning refreshed. I was surprised by the lack of dreams, but I wasn't about to complain about a night without nightmares. I sat up and pushed the white comforter aside. I glanced over to my brother and saw his bed was empty. I felt confused and looked out the window. The sun was just rising outside. 

I shrugged and got up, ready to take a shower. I had just reached the bathroom door when I heard the sound of running water. I pressed my ear to the door when I heard someone talking on the other side of the door. No..not talking, singing. I listened closer and could make out the lyrics. 

"Then you smiled over your shoulder, for a minute I was stone-cold sober. I pulled you closer to my chest," I heard my brother sing sweetly. As he continued to sing, I listened in wonder. I rarely heard my brother sing and I almost always had to listen secretly. 

A couple of minutes later, he reached the end of the song, and the water shut off. I scrambled back to my bed and sat, waiting for him to come out. Sure enough, a few minutes later he emerged from the bathroom. He glanced over at me, not looking surprised that I was awake. 

"Morning. Enjoy the concert?" he asked as he dried his hair. He made eye contact with me, looking judgemental. 

"I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about," I lied. He studied me for a moment.

"Uh-huh. Sure. Anyway, there's still plenty of hot water and towels if you want a shower. It's been a tough 24 hours," he said and gestured to the bathroom. I nodded. 

"Where did you get new clothes?" I questioned, just having noticed he was wearing new jeans and an orange Camp Halfblood T-shirt. 

"The chest. I guess Chiron sent them in last night. I dunno," he said and pointed to the chest by his bed. I nodded and opened the one by mine. Sure enough, there was a stack of T-shirts, jeans, and undergarments. 

"Nice!" I said and pulled out one of each. I went to the bathroom and stripped, quickly turning on the water and grabbing two towels. Once the water was warm enough, I scrubbed myself quickly.  As I was rinsing off, I heard the door to the cabin open then shut and hushed talking. I finished rinsing quickly and turned off the water. I dried off and got dressed in record time and opened the door to see my brother standing next to a tall muscular blonde teenager in a greek golden robe. I grabbed my bow and quiver, quickly aiming and shooting without much thought. The teen yelped and dodged swiftly. 

"Wait! I come in peace, young niece!" the boy said and held his hands up in surrender. My brother rolled his eyes. "Natalie put the bow away," he said simply. I held my bow, another arrow notched, ready to fire. "Who are you?" I asked the teen. 

"I-I'm Apollo. I'm your uncle," he said shakily. He looked so human, so terrified of me. Not of me, of what I could do. No way on the Underworld this dude was a god. 

I slowly unnotched the arrow, my face skeptical. "Uh-huh...and I'm Athena," I said slowly. 

He took a deep breath and waved his hands. Suddenly, he was holding a ukulele.

"See? Now, I have looked for you for a while. Can we talk?" he asked politely. I glanced at my brother, and he to me. 

"You've found us. Let's talk," my brother said grimly. 

A/N: And there is the end of Chapter 4! I'm not sure what is considered spoilers for TOA, so just read at your own risk! Not the longest chapter, but I hope you like it!