ICE COLD

ICE COLD

AGES:

Peter: 16
Edmund: 13

Peter looked out at the view of the snowy forest as his white horse galloped, making hoof prints in the snow. Edmund and his horse Phillip, followed closely behind them.

Edmund had been begging Peter to go for a horse ride all day, and peter had eventually agreed.

Both of the kings loved the freedom of horse riding. It felt like all the pressure of ruling a country was off their shoulders for a little while.

"Let's stop here for a rest" peter suggested as his horse gradually stopped. He had noticed that their horses were growing tired.

Peter hopped off his horse and reached for an apple that he had brought in his satchel, and fed it to the horse.

Edmund nodded and also hopped off Phillip.
"what are Susan and Lucy up to today?" Peter questioned. He had been so busy all day, that he hadn't had time to check on his sisters, which kind of made Peter feel guilty.

"They were helping the fauns set up the Christmas tree in the throne room" Edmund explained with a smile as he pictured Susan picking Lucy up as she hung baubles near the top of the grand tree.

The first Christmas of their rule. It would surely be a great one.

Now that winter was a positive time in narnia, everything would be better.

Edmund was so relieved that narnians seemed to be ironically, warming up to the idea of winter once every year.

"Want one?" Peter asked, as he offered a spare apple to his brother.

"Sure" Edmund replied. Peter threw the apple at Edmund, at which he easily caught it.

Edmund was about to take a bite when he caught site of how much snow was actually covering the trees.

It did like exactly how it had looked when he had first entered narnia. On his own.

Meeting the witch. The castle. The cell. The pain.

Edmund suddenly dropped the apple as his hands began to shake uncontrollably.

"Ed?" Peter questioned in concern as he dashed to his brothers side.

Edmund could feel the tears quickly forming in his arms, as all the memories seemed to come flooding back at once.

"I'm so sorry...it's all my fault..." she said in a shaky tone as he buried his face in his hands.

"What? Edmund...what on earth are you talking about?" Peter asked, his worry only growing for his younger brother.

"The witch..." is all Edmund said...but peter understand straight away.

Without hesitation, peter pulled Edmund into a tight hug. At this point, peter felt Edmunds sobs get louder as he finally hugged Peter back.

"it's okay...it's not your fault...and it's over now..." peter whispered in comfort.

Edmund had to admit, he always felt safe in his brothers arms. He knew he would never truly be alone as long as Peter was there.

"these memories will fade eventually, I promise..." peter added, still hugging Edmund tightly.

And they hugged, both of them couldn't relent how long the hug had lasted. But when they eventually pulled away, Edmund did feel a little better.

It took a while for his hands to stop shaking, which Peter noticed.

But Edmund still managed to ride Phillip back to cair with no assistance from peter.

Edmund was being brave, as he always is. Peter smiled at that thought. His brother would be okay. He always is in the end.