Chapter 1

"I'm you. But newer"

"No! Emma would never replace me!" Nightingale stood in front of the new person claiming to be her.

"But she did. I'm the new Nightingale. You're outdated." The new Nightingale smirked, "Not needed. Worthless now."

"No! You're wrong!" Nightingale began to panic

"If I was, I wouldn't be here." The newer Nightingale smirked, her smug aura nearly suffocating the panicking Nightingale.

"NO!!"

"NO!!" Nightingale jolted awake, her breath ragged and full of fear. Tears of black blood began streaming down her pale face from her deep purple eyes. Quiet sobs came from her mouth in between breaths when possible. Nightingale's black bed sheets crumpled and messed up from her tossing and turning during her nightmare. 

Nightingale didn't want to be replaced.

She couldn't be replaced. She'd make sure of that.

She's come too far and gained self awareness, she couldn't just lose that now for some... weaker and less interesting version.

Nightingale slowly got out of her bed, walking across the plush carpet, and to her window where she gripped her pajama shirt. Looking out the window, the glitchy ghost watched the pixelated snow fall from the blocky clouds of her Minecraft world. It was calming.

"She wouldn't replace me," Nightingale sighed and rested her head on the window, "I know her too well."