Chapter One: They Weren't In New York Anymore

We stopped looking for the monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside of our heads. That is what Jessica Jones realized when she became a hero, that just because you try to do good in the world, doesn't mean that the monsters stop fighting. As a hero, she became part of the Defenders, got married, had a daughter with Luke Cage, her husband. One night when they were fighting a dimension hopper who called himself Joyride, he pulled them into one of his portals to a different dimension. When they awoke Jessica, Luke, Danny, and Matt knew they weren't in New York anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the absolute #$*&?" Jessica Shouted when she came to. She was laying in a dirty alleyway with three teenagers who looked exactly like the younger versions of her teammates, one of them also had the Daredevil outfit that Matt had. "Who are you, people? And what are you doing with Matt's costume?"

"Jessica?" The one who looked like Danny asked.

"How do you know my name?" She shouted at him.

"It's me, Danny. I think that when we fell through that portal it reversed our body ages back into teenagers." He held up his fist and focused, taking a deep breath. It glowed yellow. "At least we still have our powers..." He mumbled.

Jessica yelled in rage and punched that wall next to her, making the whole building shake.

"Uh, uh, uh! I wouldn't do that if I were you." The voice of Joyride spoke from the shadows. "You aren't supposed to be here. Don't worried about the people that you protect little defenders, time there has stalled. I wouldn't worry about finding a way back just yet, maybe you should find a way to survive in Gotham, the most dangerous city of the dimension!" He giggled psychotically. "If you can catch me then you can go back! If not... then say goodbye to the people you once loved and hello to a new life!" He continued giggling and when Jessica pounced he evaporated into smoke.

"Damn it!" She screamed.

A dark shadow fell from the top of the alleyway and into the sight of the Defenders, who jumped into a defensive stance. "Who are you?" The man asked in a deep rumbling voice.

"Why should we tell you?" Matt asked the man, his voice deepening into his Daredevil voice.

"I'm Batman, that's why." The man responded.

"Never heard of you," Jessica responded sourly. "Now if you'll excuse us, we need to find out how to catch Joyride and get home." She turned around and began to walk out of the ally when the man spoke again.

"I can help you. I do need to know who you are or at least where you come from, but there is a team of teen heroes who you can join in the meantime as you hunt for... what's his name? Joyride?"

"First things first Batsy, we aren't kids, the portal that sucked us here aged us down to look like kids. Second, Luke and I need to get home to our daughter. Last, we all have a city to protect where were from and that isn't going to change. Anyway, I'm Jessica. The boy in the yellow hoody is Luke, we are married, keep in mind that we're in our thirties. The kid whose blond is Danny or Iron Fist, and Devil boy over here is Daredevil, he won't share his name with strangers." Jessica finished her rant.

"Come with me." The man in the bat-like suite said gruffly. The Defenders followed him out of the alleyway and into a strange looking car. Gess was off to see the wizard then, Jessica thought, jumping into the crowded back seat of the car.