Prologue: Cynthia Hotchner

3rd P.O.V

                                        Prologue:

             Cynthia Hotchner, walked through the isle's of the local Walmart to find her Fiancé, Derek Morgan's favorite dessert. Derek had been officially put in the BAU team, otherwise known as the Behavioral Analysis Unit. So, of course the raven haired beauty felt the need to celebrate his obvious success. Which led her to where she was now looking at which box of chocolate covered strawberries she should get. Biting her bottom lip she subconsciously put her hand on her belly before bending over and grabbing the milk chocolate covered strawberries.

        "Let's hope Daddy likes these ones' babies." She mumbled softly caressing her stomach. Not only was she surprising him with a celebratory dinner but she was also surprising her future husband with her pregnancy. Smiling to herself the green eyed woman put them in her shopping basket and swiftly walked to the baby section where she grabbed an elephant onesie and a pale yellow pacifier.

       With her shopping done, the young author went through the self checkout and proceeded to scan and buy every item in her basket. As she scanned the tiny onesie, she felt a chill go up her spine and raised her eyes making eye contact with a dark skinned man. She felt herself pale and tried to hide how her hands were shaking. She didn't know this man but he gave her bad vibes and she just knew he was bad news.

       "Thia! What are you doing here?" Cynthia paid before turning to her brother who called her nickname.

       "Just grabbing some things to surprise Derek with," she shrugged shyly, grabbing her receipt. "Do you mind walking me to my car?" she spoke loudly and watched from the corner of her eye the man who was now starting to back away. Speaking gently this time so no one could over hear her she leaned closer to Aaron giving him a hug. "Can you follow me home, Aaron? There was a man who seemed to be following me." she pulled back with a smile pretending that they were simply having a pleasant conversation.

       "Of course. Let's go." Her brother's voice was stone cold, and his gentle blue eyes turned into an icy glare as he placed his hand on her lower bag and guided her and her grocery bags out of the store.

       The petite woman stayed tense until she was sitting in the front seat of her black 2014 Chevy Impala. Her green eyes met her brother's kind blue ones and she smiled gratefully up at him. He had always been her hero, even when she was three and it was the monster in the closet coming for her toes. But her seeing him as her personal hero never faded. In fact it grew when she found herself at age 16 in Paris, France afraid of everything after Sean, her other older brother, had beat her to a pulp. Instead of just telling Cynthia to get over it Aaron got on the flight with her and stayed for two months until she was settled down.

        "Thank you, Aaron." she sighed relaxing and rested her head against his bicep.

       "Of course, Thia. What kind of brother would I be if I let you get kidnapped?" he joked softly and gave her a gentle kiss to the forehead. "Morgan should be home by now, do you still want me to follow you?" he asked, brushing his fingers gently through his baby sisters black locks.

       "It would be nice, but I know you have Jack this weekend and Haley will make it harder for you to see him if you are late." she shrugged her pale shoulders, shyly smiling before buckling up.

       "I'll see you Thursday, ok?" Aaron double checked giving his sister a once over. Something was off with her but he couldn't tell what it was. On top of that he had this sickening feeling in his gut.

      "I'll see you Thursday," She confirmed. "Je t'aime Aaron," she waited for his statement of love before closing her door and starting the car. "Let's go home to Daddy." she cooed to her unborn child as she drove through the 7 o clock traffic.

       The car ride took maybe 20 minutes at most. 20 minutes filled with music, singing and talking to her belly, imagining what her child would look like. During this time, Cynthia was unaware of the blue Nissan following her every turn just two cars back. Pulling into her driveway was both utter bliss and nerve wracking. Her nerves just spiked when she saw her own personal chocolate thunder stalking towards her with the prowess of a tiger and the confidence of a wolf. Every inch of Derek was stunningly handsome and sexy to her, even more so when he came over to open her door and grabbed her chin to pull her into a slow kiss.

     "Hey, princess" he whispered between their lips.

      She let out a breathless laugh, "I have a surprise for you" she mumbled with a cheesy grin. "Just let me go set it up."

     Chuckling her own personal knight in shining FBI vest gently pulled her out of the car and grabbed the grocery bag taking extra care not to look inside. Playfully she grabbed the bag and darted inside laughing loudly when she heard Derek give chase. Kicking off her shoes she slid into their room and slide the lock in place.

      "You are so going to get it tonight gorgeous!" Derek playfully shouted and banged on the bed room door making her squeal as she got the pregnancy announcement box ready.

     Grabbing the yellow box, while placing the chocolate covered strawberries on top she opened the door with a grin. "Is that a promise my love?" she cockily ran her finger against his chiseled chest.

     "Mhm, Baby you already know it," He smirked before grabbing her in a passionate kiss. "Now what's this surprise?"