Freezing Time

I freeze time...

The wave is about five metres away and it is surely going to crash down upon us.
But no, the wave and everything else has stopped? It as if I have pressed pause on a movie and now I'm the only person why can move at free will. I look at girl next to me and she has a frozen face of fear. The birds in the sky have stopped flying and are hanging in the air.

Instead of relief washing over me panic does. I mean how could I girl like me actually do this? It's as if I have taken an imaginary remote control and pressed pause in the world. I mean being an Elemental is unbelievable as it is. The water around me is still.

What if it stays like this forever?!

Everything is silent except for a faint whisper. I hadn't thought of it much at first in my panic, but now I listen more closely. In a moment of desperation I dive into the water, searching for the sound.

Nothing. I swim to the surface now and hear the loud voice though a speaker.
"Cassidy don't worry, we have got you safe. Just swim to the rocks to your right and the we will rescue you from there!"
Slightly puzzled but relived I grab the girls arm and start swimming towards the jagged rocks that stick out on the peninsula. I swim as hard as I can and trust me that's hard while holding onto someone, while trying to keep both of our heads above the water. After what seems like forever I finally collapse into the rocks. The life guards once warned everyone to stay away from this area because the current usually drags you towards the rocks. And when there's waves, you're pretty much dead. In a bang everything starts to move again. The waves have started to crash again. The birds have started to fly as if nothing happened.

There's a life boat zooming towards us and I cry in relief. As the boat stops I hand the woman the girl and collapse onto the metal floor.
"Don't worry deary you're safe with us,"
I nod slightly.
"Hold my hand girly so I can check your pulse,"
I hold out my hand and instead of soft skin there's callouss, and instead of checking my pulse everything goes white.

I open my eyes and to my surprise we are on land. The boat has disappeared, but the man before me smirks. He takes if his hoodie and says, "You didnt think you were the only one who could teleport do you?"
Well teleporting is the only suitable explanation for landing up on the smooth rocks 20 metres away where we were before.
"Poor girl,poor poor girly," I turn around and find four men dressed in red and a woman steps forward.
My eyes drag themes leaves towards a flash of red. I feeling of dread replaces my newly renewed relief as I recognise the intricate tattoos on everyone's left palm.

It's the Crimson Cobra.

(THE FIRST CHAPTER is THIS MOMENT. COMMENT ME A QUESTION IF THERE IS ANY CONFUSION)
Cassie's heart dropped as she once again heard the deadly sound of bullets been loaded into their chambers.
"There's no escaping this time!" a familiar voice hissed.
Gritting her teeth Cassie aimed a sudden kick at a gun the figure held in front of her. The masked attacker raised his eyebrows in surprise at the gun sliding into the sea.
I have done it many times before and I plan to do it again, she thought to herself.
Taking this opportunity the girl fled across the rocks that lined the shore. The waves lashed viciously and the sand stung her eyes.

Acting without thinking normally helped in these life threatening moments.
"What are you doing just standing here like a bunch of idiots! CAPTURE THE FREAK YOU INSOLENT MORONS!" the voice shrieked.

The attackers were hot on her heels as Cassie slipped and skidded towards the sea side cliff. There would be no climbing up those rocky walls and no where else to go. She knew she was cornered.

Where to now, where do I go? She thought desperately searching around in panic. Her heart was beating so hard that it would surely burst from her chest.
The only way is to use my powers. That was the only way, but she couldn't reach them.
They had numbed her element senses with something of the unknown.
But they were still there, Cassie could feel it. The tingling sensation that ran across her fingers.

"You will not keep me from them!" She screamed as she broke the invisible wall within herself that was keeping her from her powers. Without meaning to, Cassie instinctively pulled the water from the sea, and blew a tunnel though the cliff wall.
"How?! How have you harnessed your element?" the woman's voice once again screamed as her nostrils flared in anger. "Capture her you fools! Don't just stand there and stare! Don't you see? The freak doesn't have control of its powers!"

Almost there! Cassie's feet pounded against the tunnel's floors. The light of freedom shone like a beacon at the other end of it. Something sharp hit the back of her leg as everything went black.

The final thing she saw was shadowy figures drawing near and the sound of cackles echoing mirthlessly in her ears.
🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊
I'm really really really sorry for not updating ages ago. I have HAD THE BIGGEST WRITERS BLOCK EVER. But now I am back on track and I will post again next week:). Sorry for the wait:(.
Thank you so much for the support!
🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊