𝟧𝟦 | 𝟥𝟨𝟧 𝖣𝖠𝖸𝖲

CORINNE HAD BEEN DREADING this day since the end of June and it was finally there

CORINNE HAD BEEN DREADING this day since the end of June and it was finally there. It had officially been one year since her grandmother's passing and Demon was trying his best to keep her in good spirits.

"You look pretty." He says making her look up at him with her red eyes and tear-stained face laughing. "Why you laughing? I'm so serious." He tells her wiping her tears. "I miss her." She mutters looking down. "I know," Demon says hugging her again. "She not gone see me graduate."

"She gone see you graduate. She might not be there physically but she gone be there in spirit. She always watching over you." He tells her. "I know but it's just not the same."

"What you think would be different?" He asks. "I wouldn't be living with you."

"Damn so granny wasn't gone like me?" Demon exclaims making her laugh. "She prolly would've liked you at first but then I told her about how you did me on my birthday and that shit would've been dead. She prolly would've told me that's why I ain't need a dirty ass boyfriend in the first place. She most definitely would've been cursing people out that day."

"So she was a character?" He asks. "I swear my grandma was twin flame-"

"You was her twin flame." He corrects. "Same thing but I swear we was like the same person. She would say anything to anybody and still be so hurt as soon as somebody said something to her, she ain't like."

"Aw yeah, that's you fasho." Demon shakes his head. "I wanted to be like her so bad. My grandma was so raw. She used to take me on stay-cations downtown. She would pick me up from school early on Thursday and we would stay at The W. We would go get our hair and nails done then watch movies and order movies and room service. Then on Saturdays, we would get dressed up and go to Navy Pier to eat on the boats they have out there for dinner. Then Sunday, we would go shopping and I would get a new outfit and purse for school on Monday. And we would do that once every other month from when I was five till when she first got sick when I was fifteen." She says. "She made you the person you were today?" He asks.

"Yes, she was the blueprint. We finally started going through her stuff and she has so many vintage Chanel bags, Dior shirts, glasses, everything." Corinne smiles. "You do look like her," Demon says. "Just a little bit. I wish I had some of the moles. They were always so pretty to me. My momma and Riah got some and I got none." Corinne pouts.

"Yes, you do." He tells her. "Where?" She asks. "You got two small ones right by your left eye. As much as you stay doing some to your face I don't know how you ain't see them." He says making her roll her eyes.

"You got two on your back like on the back of your right shoulder," He tells her sliding his hand under his t-shirt that she was wearing finding the small beauty marks on her body with just his memory.