one.

Empty, Felix thought as he stared at his wrists. Arms, legs, even face; they were all void of some mark from some mysterious person who was claimed to be his "soulmate." At the miserable age of seventeen, you'd think by now there would be something there. But, no. The last time Felix has ever received a simple line on his body was when he had turned five. Twelve years later, he sat with his friends and boyfriend, knowing that his real "soulmate" either didn't exist, or didn't care.

If you hadn't figured it out yet, the world is filled with soulmates. To prevent a World War 6, leading scientists came up with a serum that, when injected at birth, will give a person the ability to mark their skin and have it appear on some person, and vice versa. The serum is connected to this enormous database of people; all the people recorded in the world. Once injected, the serum goes through the entire body, and mainly goes into the heart and upper layers of skin. It's been three centuries since the procedure had started, and war itself has become a thing of the past. Violence in general is still around, but the world has found a new way of peace.

But of course, there are always some mistakes in the gene-combining and the main spreading of the serum, and that's what Felix thought he was. A mistake. Of course, he tried to communicate with his soulmate, but no answers were received. The first, and last mark he had ever gotten was a simple "I'm sorry" on the back of
his hand. Being five, Felix didn't think much of it, but that apology was on his mind every night as he grew up.
"Yah, you good mate?" A voice snapped Felix out of his daze.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

    "Because we were talking and then you spaced out. You sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine Chan, just a little tired," Felix reassured.

    "Alright then, just making sure. Anyway, summer break is almost finished. You excited to go to college?"

    "Hey, wouldn't it  be great if you spoke in a language that all of us can understand?" Jisung interrupted.

    "That's hyung to you. And plus, you can already speak English," Felix said.

    "We're only one day apart! Minho can't speak English so hA"

    "One day is enough for you to respect me!"

    "Alright kids, now that you're done fighting like children, can we go?" Minho butted in.

  Jisung immediately stopped fighting and took Minho's hand on his. Felix couldn't help but scoff mentally at the sight of them making goo-goo eyes at each other, but something inside of him wilted a bit. Felix wondered how many times he had wished to be in a situation like that.

    "Ah, Changbin! How have you been?" 

    "I'm well. Who are these people?"

    Felix froze. Changbin? He turned to look at the man dressed in all black. Electricity coursed through his veins as he stared at Changbin.

    "Uh, hi?" A small voice cut through his thoughts.

    Felix's eyes shot up to meet the smaller man's blushing face.

"Um, hey, Changbin right? Nice to meet you," Felix muttered. The orange-haired male raised his hand to shake Changbin's.

     He flinched.

     After shaking hands awkwardly, Chan squealed with excitement.

    "Yay, my friends are being friends! This is great, right, Mogi? You've always wanted friends, righ-" Chan was cut off by Chanbin's glare.

    "Haha, well, uh, we're gonna go now, it was nice meeting you again!" Nervous laughter came from Chan as he grabbed his friends to leave.

     "Oh...okay, it was nice seeing you and meeting your friends."

     Felix gave Changbin a smile before he turned and walked off. Shoving his hands into his pockets, Felix could only think of one thing.

He had to see Changbin again.

A/N: for those who read this book on my old account, it's been awhile. And to those who are now finding this book, welcome !! Looking back at the first chapter was rough lol; I wrote this chapter so long ago. i hope we can continue this book with good writing :)