Exiled

A/N: Comment PLEASE! I beg of you!!!!

He'd lost everything to the State, they'd taken his education, his lab, his research, his citizenship, his home and his freedom. Exiled, he'd been exiled! Him, Alexandru Lennox, the previous poster boy of the State of Cartha, had been cast away like some offensive chair you'd originally purchased for its strange uniqueness. At age fifteen he'd been banished from his home, and everyone he'd seen or would ever see and now his fate had been severed into two halves: the new path he'd take and the old one that existed only in another dimension. His parents paid for him to be relocated to Onigisa, the technology capital of the world. If he'd been any other kid it would feel like being on vacation in the coolest place on Earth, but he wasn't just any other kid. He was Alex Lennox, kid genius, he lectured at the prestigious Carthan University before he was thirteen and gained his Doctorate shortly before. He'd mastered five different languages before he was seven, he'd done things that people four times his age could've never achieved in their entire lifetime. He'd proven many times over that he was no fool nor simpleminded adolescent. Alex knew this wasn't a vacation, this was political exile and this was permanent.

He'd been in Onigisa for one year, five months, nineteen days, six hours, thirty-five minutes and two seconds; and Alex hated one year, three months, ten days, one hour, fifty-two minutes and twelve seconds of it. The first two months were amazing he got to go sightseeing and even applied for a professorship at the Hitomi Science Institute he tried everything in order to keep himself from facing the bitter truth. He was rejected by the institute because he'd been labeled as a 'political anarchist' and a threat to the Carthan State. He spent most of his days locked in his apartment desperately trying to continue his research despite the fact that all of his work had been confiscated shortly before his exile. His many attempts to focus on starting a new life were thwarted by the Carthan government. His parents couldn't even visit him, the day after his arrest their passports had been revoked and they'd been placed under house arrest. He, the one they said would raise their family's social standing, had singlehandedly chiseled away the pillar they'd stood on. His father couldn't leave the house without being under surveillance and his mother's business was under continuous government monitoring. His colleagues and friends were also restricted of certain liberties, they couldn't hold a government job or receive scientific grants. Everyone who had ever been imprinted into his memory had been affected.

Lives torn apart because of one false accusation, him an anarchist? Conspiring to overthrow the State? The State had given him everything he'd ever wanted and he worked earnestly to repay his debt by giving back to the community. Alex had been a part of three separate government sponsored think-tanks and had even consulted with the armed forces on calibrating missiles' heat tracking capabilities. His family had been friends with one of the higher officials for decades and the State sent him to collect him, it was the only merciful thing they did. His arrest was publicly humiliating and his "trial" was none short of pitiful, he stood infront of seven different government officials and listened to them defame the family they once sat across from at the dinner table. "Dr. Alexandru Ollivander Lennox, you are hereby banished from the Carthan State, your citizenship and passport will be revoked and in the event should you die on foreign lands your body may not be allowed admittance into the Carthan State. Mr. and Mrs. Lennox will be placed on housearrest and be under consistant surveillance. Any attempt made to contact family or acquaintances in the State will result in severe consequences for the said citizens of Cartha. "

His banishment was permanent, they would have executed him, but he was still a minor infront of the High Court. The five days before his exile he made arrangements with his parents to travel to Onigisa where the family had a vacation home. Alex's mother cursed and spitted at the State which if she'd been caught would've resulted in either her exile or imprisonment. His mother had always been a bit of a spitfire while his father was the weepy and sentimental one. His mother, Sara Lennox, a worldwide renown businesswoman and trader had inherited her company from her father and succeeded in expanding it farther than it had ever been in the past. She was a cutthroat woman who was in control of everything that went on in her life, she even closed a business deal over the phone while experiencing contractions, Alex's father, Jasper Richards-Lennox, was the complete opposite. His gentle and docile personality got him kicked out of culinary school, now the only people who got to taste his delicious creations were his family and the occasional dinner guest. He never raised his voice, but did have the tendency to drop three octaves when people insulted someone or something he was fond of.
These people who gave him life would never again be a part of it. And on the dawn of the sixth day he was escorted by five soldiers to a transport vessel that would take him as far as Toso a small port just outside of Naoki, the capital of Onigasa.
That was the last time he would ever be comforted by his parents, or see his childhood home.
That was the last time he'd breathe Carthan, the last time he'd be home.