𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4

Harry's POV

Harry's POV.

'' Hello Grace. I am Arlene.'' Silence fills the room and I can't help but breathing heavily, like if someone was pressing a stone down on my heart and I couldn't seem to get it off of my chest in any way.

'' Grace?'' Arlene expectantly calls for her. I'm so tensed I think I can feel my own anxiety falling on my shoulder.

Maybe she have hung up.

'' Yeah?'' Grace awkwardly answers and I sigh in relief. '' I'm sorry, I was... busy'' she lies and Arlene's creeps a smile that almost hurts my heart for the amount of hope she's building around Grace's untruth words.

'' How are you?'' Arlene innocently inquires, I find myself leaning in to hear Grace's voice.

'' Me? Ehm.. I'm fine, I guess, '' Grace takes a long breathe and forces herself to be a bit less cold with the baby girl '' What about you? Is Harry treating you well? Are you calling me because I need to punish him for something?'' I involuntary spread my lips open and let myself linger into her playful tone. I can tell she's relaxing a bit too.

'' No, Harry is always good. He's my big brother,'' Arlene grins to the phone as if Grace could really see her and be jealous about her words. So precious.

'' I call because Harry don't know if you think he is a good singer. I know you think he is, everyone know he is.'' Grace's voice lowers, a hint of a smile into her tone before shutting it right down her soul so that I can't catch it.

'' Why does he think this?'' Arlene shrugs her tiny shoulders and fixes her white flowered dress.

'' Not know this. You can come with us and tell him. I sure he will like to listen you saying you adore him.'' I hear Grace suck in her breathe and I face palm myself. What is this supposed to mean? Did she just invite Grace out, didn't she?

'' Yes, we can go eat. I'm starving and Harry promise he take me to have dinner in a fancy restaurant'' she mimics my voice raising her chest to imitate also my posture from when I've said it.

I did invite Arlene out to have dinner with me and I did offer her to go in a fancy restaurant because she said she never been to one, but inviting Grace wasn't on my to-do list for God's sake. The idea of her refusing me already hurts my pride and I'm not ready for hearing her letting me down.

'' Will you Grace? Harry can come to you and we all go to have dinner. Please.'' Grace struggles with her words and I also hear her starting to curse silently; Arlene is too caught up on her happy moment to care about what she's saying. In her mind, Grace doesn't need to accept; In her little fairy brain, Grace already said yes.

I rub my hands on my face and try to think of a way out. God help me now if Grace starts to think bad of me for using a baby girl to ask her out.

'' Harry,'' Arlene clicks her fingers on my face and I blink my eyes. I suspect she have called me already a couple of times since I zoned out.