2. The Beginning of Something New

"Well, here I am, roaming the Crown Tundra," I said to myself. I wanted to take one last look around my home before I headed off to find some Pokémon to befriend. So far, I haven't seen anyone talk to me, but I did love that wonderful feel of the grass underneath my feet.

However, I forgot to mention what I was carrying with me! I had a brown burlap bag around my right shoulder, and it draped around my left leg. I first found it in the lab in my cage, and I had a feeling that someone had left it. So I made the bag my own, and decided to call it my explorers bag. Life in the lab wasn't entirely bad, even though I still hated it a bit.

  I did have a few friends when I was in the lab, before I realized the whole power outage thing. I was friends with a Zorua and a Gardevoir, who both were doing different tests like me. I enjoyed talking to them before I was put back up in my cage(Wait, you though I spent my whole life in that cage? Of course not!), where I would usually ignore people when they see me.

I decided to visit the Crown Shrine before I left home. It has been some time ever since I've seen the Crown Shrine because I usually go up there to think about some things. Looking up, I watched a Salamence fly above me, but then, it came towards me and finally landed next to me.

"So, you're headed to the Crown Shrine huh?" the Salamence asked me. I watched it walk around me in circles, its tail lashing at me. "Uh yes.... Why would you ask me such a weird question?" I asked, clutching my bag. "Well, almost everyone here knows how much you love to go up there," the Salamence snarled, but then, he noticed my bag. "That bag! Where did you get that from?"

"This? I got it from the lab I was held hostage at," I said nervously. I blew it. I just told a random Pokémon that I was from a lab where they were planning to use me to turn all of Galar into one huge darkland. "You're Thunderheart! The Zeraora who escaped! I can't believe I'm meeting you! My name is Ashwing, if I forgot to tell you," the Salamence finally said.

I nodded slowly and let go of my bag. I could tell by Ashwing's face that he wanted to meet me for a while. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit of company to walk along side me. "You wanna come with me to the Crown Shrine?" I asked. Ashwing nodded instantly and flapped his wings. "Of course and I won't bother you a lot, ok? Just want you to have some time," he said.

Feeling grateful, me and my Salamence friend headed up the path to the Crown Shrine, but for some strange reason, I had a feeling that we were being watched, or worse, being followed.