◇9◇

●I recommend I love You by Billie Eillish

Overview

Marcel has been planning the date with Veronica for about a week now. And today is the day the plan is going to be executed! Marcel hasn't been able to concentrate on anything the whole work day. But now he is at his flat preparing for the night. He doesn't know how everything is going to go, but he hopes by the end of the night he can show off his new boyfriend (hopefully) Leeroy

General Pov

Marcel walks up to the house sized flat and rings the doorbell. Marcel distracts himself while waiting by counting the exact amount of hot pink tulips planted in the garden. Marcel may or may not have a little bit of OCD.

Leeroy heads to the door that just rang and opens it to see Marcel in a cream sweater, black dress pants, black chelsea boots and a long navy coat with a white stripe on both sleeves. Leeroy is almost stunned by Marcel's outfit, usually Marcel would never wear something so informal.

Marcel's jaw falls slack when he sees Leeroy's tall (but smaller than Marcel) figure in the doorway. Leeroy was wearing a light purple button down shirt with two buttons unbuttoned, skinny black jeans (that Marcel didn't even know Leeroy owned), and a pair of black vans. Leeroy has always been the kind of person to wear informal clothing all day everyday, but Marcel likes that about Leeroy. And for Leeroy to wear such an informal outfit, but still make himself look formal makes Marcel a mix of jealous and adoration.

"R-Right! So are you ready to head out?" Marcel asks, forcing his eyes to stop checking out Leeroy.

"Y-yeah let's go." Leeroy shuts and locks the white door. He then follows Marcel all the way down to Marcel's extra shiny black car. Marcel of course opens the door for Leeroy like the gentleman he is and then hops into the drivers side.

*

"I need you to put this on." Marcel hands Leeroy a red piece of cloth.

"Are you going to murder me?" Leeroy jokes.

"Yes, now put the blindfold on so I can do it successfully." Marcel jokes back.

That is one thing that has changed about Marcel, he now jokes more. And not his usual corny jokes, he also just does weird slightly inappropriate jokes too.

Leeroy gets the red cloth over his eyes without Marcel's help.

*
Leeroy's pov

After fifteen more minutes of driving without any sense of direction vision, Marcel finally says the two magic words, "We're here."

I go to pull off my dark red blindfold, but Marcel stops me, " Not until we get inside. And don't worry I already told the place that you would be walking in with a blindfold and that I'm not murdering you."

"So it is a place?"

"I mean everything is a person, place, or thing...so yes, this is a place because there is no person, or thing around." Marcel jokes.

I hear the left car door slam (they are in Hollywood) before silence overtakes the car, but about fifteen seconds later I feel a cold breeze hit the right side of my body.

"I thought you were going to leave me."

"And why would that be?" Marcel asks, putting one arm under my legs and the other around my back.

"Remember when you left me and Veronica at the mall?"

Flashback to Marcel left at the mall

"That fucking twat left us!" Veronica shouts angrily in my direction.

"It's ok, I just texted him. He said he is on his way."

Veronica sighed, "We should've never let him wonder around the bow tie store by himself. He gets so lost in there. Then he forgets everything and just LEAVES HIS FRIENDS!"

I learned that past month that Veronica can get super angry...and quick. She just needed to have a cool down then she went back to normal.

She has had anger issues for a while according to Marcel. She is getting help, but she just started recently. It has something to do with her family, which makes me sad. But it doesn't make her sad, or at least she says it doesn't.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to Veronica.

"What?"

"I'm sorry about Marcel being an idiot."

Veronica laughed, "You know, I think you shouldn't talk about him that way."

"Why?"

"Cause you both fancy each other and are just too nervous to admit it."

"Actually I'm-" Veronica cuts me off, "I know your Pansexual. So don't tell my your "in fact straight"."

"I thought Marcel was dating you."

"Nah, we're just really close for other reasons. He's not my type."

I laughed loudly, " Not your type?"

"Nope, but he is yours."

"Mhm, sure."

"He likes you. Just look at how his face lights up when he sees you." Veronica said as Marcel walked into the mall searching for us. He finally spotted us on the fountain and I saw it. I saw his face light up the second he made eye contact with me.

That is the moment I knew I was in the deep end.

End of flashback

"Stop bringing that day up. I wasn't thinking clearly." Marcel picks me up and slams the car door (I'm guessing with his feet? I still can't see). We walk for what feels like forever, but is actually about a minute (I'm that bored I counted). Marcel finally puts me down on the ground (I think) before taking off my blindfold.

I look up to see the beautiful stars speckling the dark blue sky. I look down to see that I'm indeed sitting on a navy blue and cream checkered blanket on the ground (I guess now Marcel's outfit makes more sense). And surrounding the blanket are three trees covered in yellow fairy lights.

"I hope you like it, It took me and Ronnie ages to set up." Marcel says sheepishly, putting his hands into his navy blue coat pockets.

"Marcie, I love it!" I exclaim, jumping up to grab Marcel in a hug, which resulted in me pulling him down onto the blanket with me.

"I'm glad. I just heard that you've never been on a real date before and since I had my real share of dates, I thought that I could be your first real date." Marcel mumbles.

I have never wanted to say 'I love you' more than at this moment. But this is the first date and I don't want it to be awkward and weird. And maybe even a little pretentious.

"Thank you! Now, what do we have to eat on this lovely picnic?"

"Ah, I knew you would ask that soon. Well, I made us some sandwiches with avocado, cucumber, tofu, red onion, tomato, and sprouts. I thought you would like because of how much you told me you like avocado, but it's fine if you don't like it because I also have watermelon, cherries, kiwi and strawberries to eat. Then, I made some strawberry lemonade because I know you like the colour pink."

I lean over to Marcel and give him a chaste kiss on the lips. I don't want to pull away from his soft sweet lips, but I know I have to.

Marcel giggles, "Our first kiss."

That's it, I thought Marcel couldn't get any frickin' cuter, but there he goes giggling and god, I'm in love.

*

Marcel and Leeroy eat their lovely vegetarian picnic, feeding each other like an old married couple. After they are done eating Marcel drops Leeroy off at his house.
The night was so stunning and perfect, Leeroy never wanted it to end, but of course he finds himself snuggled up in his bed thinking about Marcel and his perfect, well, everything.