Chapter Five-Part One

Alyssa and Bonnie stood next to each other as Meggy informed them of who had been taken in.

      "There is some concern with smoke inhalation."

      Alyssa's eyebrows furrowed. "What does that mean? Is she gonna die?" She asked, her voice cracking. She couldn't lose her. She just couldn't.

      "You need to keep your voice down. I could get in a lot of trouble for even telling you this."

      "I just want to make sure she's okay. I'm sorry."

      "I know, and I promise you, I'm gonna tell you everything I can, okay?" Meggy swore, and she nodded, completely believing the girl. 

      "Have you thought about contacting the others?" She then asked.

      "No, I—I don't know what I'm supposed to say. I wanted more information first. I want to know if everyone's gonna be okay, and how am I supposed to know that?"

      Meggy comforted her quickly, and then she paused.

      "There's something else you two should know about Laurel."

      Laurel. Meggy had come to tell Bonnie and Alyssa that Laurel was taken into the hospital with bad conditions.

      "What is it?" Bonnie asked.

      "She's pregnant."

~~~~~

Three Weeks Earlier

      Karmen lounged on her couch, a coffee mug in one hand and her phone in the other. She had woken up not that long ago and really didn't feel like going to the clinic. A few days ago, Laurel told her that she had gotten to Bonnie and informed her on Frank's whereabouts, but they didn't tell Annalise. Nonetheless, Karmen was blatantly pissed at her for betraying her trust. Now she was mad at two of her friends. It had been weeks since she had truly joked around with Connor. If it weren't for his actions of late, she would have missed him. 

      Suddenly, a knock sounded at her door, and she groaned. Karmen set her belongings on the table in front of her before trudging towards the noise and opening the door. She straightened up when she realized who stood in front of her.

      "Bonnie, hey." She greeted hesitantly.

      The petite woman smiled. "Can I come in?"

      "Yeah, sure." She stepped aside, allowing Bonnie to walk in. She analyzed her surroundings, making Karmen come to the realization that she'd never been at her place before.

      "So, uh, why are you here?"

      "I don't know if Laurel told you, but I know what Frank did to my father."

      She nodded. "Yeah, I heard. He had a good reason, right?"

      She had kept telling herself that Frank wouldn't just kill him, but hearing it from Bonnie might relieve her.

      "He did." Bonnie quietly said. 

      Awkward tension filled the room, and Karmen tried to break it by offering her a cup of coffee, to which she politely declined.

      "Can I sit?"

      "Yeah, of course."

      Bonnie seated herself on the couch, and Karmen joined her. It seemed as though Bonnie had a lot to say. She simply waited until the petite woman was ready to speak.