Ch. 2

It felt like I had been walking for an eternity when I stumbled upon a few doors. I opened one, and checked it for Bro's before continuing on. Papers were strewn about the floor, and books lay off the shelves. The drawers looked untouched, thankfully, because I needed supplies. I pulled open the drawers in each desk, most of them empty, but in the last one I found a couple bottles of Laudanum, a lantern, and some oil. Another note sat on the desk, I picked it up and read it.

Dear Delilah,

You are not alone.

I wasn't alone? What did that mean? Were there other people here too?! I told myself to calm down, not to start worrying about that stuff now, it wasn't the time. I did one last look over the room before moving on to the next.

I scavanged the next three rooms, only finding some oil and tinderboxes. Nothing remotely interesting. I continued down the corridoor in a sort of daze. What did the note mean I wasn't alone? After awhile, I just shook my head and looked up ahead into the darkness.

I was walking for an hour before I came to another door, but this one had light coming from under it, and voices.

I slowly approached the door, and turned the knob. The voices stopped.

Gathering up my courage, I pushed open the door. A chair was thrown at me, it went over my head, luckily, and I stood there, startled.

"It's... a girl?" A boy with a white mask over his face asked, confusion tinting his voice. Another one stepped towards me, he had black hair and pale skin. Before any of them could reach me, I turned and ran, my sanity low from walking through the darkness for so long. I wanted to save my oil for when I needed it. So the boys looked fuzzy, and I guess I was having a panic attack or something?

I raised my lantern since I was having trouble seeing where I was going. I was running so fast. The pounding of the boys footsteps behind me brought me bak to sanity.

Stop running! They are humans, you need them! My brain screeched. I started to slow down, and I could hear their voices over the blood pounding in my ears.

"Hey! Wait, we aren't going to hurt you!" Called a boy with a Swedish accent. I slowed more, and one boy caught me by the arm. I winced.

"Why were you r-running?" Panted a black haired boy. Their was six of them as I said before, one had a white mask on, weird, but okay. Two had long black hair, but one was paler than the other, though, so you could tell them apart. Another one had short dark brown hair, and the other had longer blonde hair and blue eyes.

"I-I... I was running..." I trailed off, looking at the ground.

"Not afraid of us, are you?" Chuckled the boy with brown hair. The guy with the masked punched his arm, shaking his head. I let out a soft laugh, but it came out as more of a wheeze.

"N-no. I'm not afraid of you. I just.. I don't know." I shook my head. "Er... Sorry I ran, I had just been walking in the dark for awhile, I guess it drained my sanity or whatever." I hid behind my auburn curls.

"Well we shouldn't stand out here, got the monsters and God knows what else creepin' around here!" The tanner boy exclaimed, turning back the way we came. All the boys started walking, and I took up the rear, scratching the back of my head. I felt really stupid. They didn't look anything like monsters, why had I freaked out? It was completely irrational and just plain retarded. The paler dark haired guy fell into pace next to me.

"Hey, I'm Phil." He said, smiling down at me. I glanced up at him and grinned, seeing niceness in his face.

"I'm Delilah." I told him, keeping my voice down.

"Nice to meet you, Delilah, but not so nice to meet you here." He said, gesturing at the corridor around us.

"Yeah, I just-" I was cut off by the masked guy announcing that we were back at the room I had found them in.

We all slipped quietly into the well-lit room, and I glanced around. There were two beds, a couch, and three closets. Supplies were scattered about the room, ranging from Sanity potions to extra lanterns. I took a seat on the couch and waited.

"So what's your name?" The blonde man asked, settling into a chair. He looked strangely familiar.

"I'm Delilah. But you can call me Neko, if you want, everyone does." I chuckled, looking up at them. I was confident that my awkwardness was hidden well.