t w o

JJ's POV

I let Rory finish her piece of bread and made sure to keep a close eye on her. I've always been incredibly over protective over her. Then again it all came back as I looked at her bruises and black eye. She didn't deserve any of this. I wish everyday that she could have the "normal" life of a 12 year old girl so I try to treat her like a princess whenever I can.

I didn't realize that I was still staring at the dark bruises covering her body. She noticed I was and looked up at me as her smile sank.

"What's wrong?" she said with worry in her voice.

"Nothing!" She knew I was lying. I turned to look at dad and then back at Rory. Once I turned back to look at her I noticed her bright blue eyes swell up with tears as she lightly touched the bruises on her face. "Hey!" I uttered in the most calming voice I could "It's gonna be okay, we're gonna be okay. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

Rory nodded as single year fell gracefully down her cheek and her voice cracked as she quietly said "Okay."

I gestured my cut up, scratched arms out to her reaching for a hug. I knew she needed one and I did too. I never tell her but I don't know what I would do without her. She finds a way to be so happy no matter what and I am so proud of her everyday.

My mind returned from wandering once a felt her cold salty tears on my chest. I picked her head up and wiped her tears away.

"Can we go somewhere else, anywhere else" Rory gently said through her tears.

"Yes of course we can." I was hoping she would say that because it's not like I wanted to stay here either. "John B's it is!" I voiced excitedly hoping to make her feel just a bit better.