Enacting the Plan

When I wake up I'm alone in the bed no sign of Natsuo, when I go to stand I quickly find him sleeping on the floor. I step over him quietly making my way to the bathroom before heading to the kitchen figuring I would make breakfast. King Asshole sits at the table alone staring at me with interest. "So you're still here?" I roll my eyes but nod to answer his question. "Are you really not dating my son?" Not that one "Natchan is like a brother to me, I love him and would do anything for him, but I have zero desire to be in a romantic relationship with him, he feels the same." He just stares at me with his head cocked. "You're probably too good for my son anyway." The fuck was that? "I'm sorry what? Don't try to compliment me for the first time since meeting me nearly four years ago by putting Natchan down. He's a good man and deserves nothing but the best. Don't worry though I've worried over it in mama Rei's place since she couldn't be around to keep the riffraff away from your middle son." His face saddens and for the first time I think of him as weak, that was way nicer than I can be when someone pisses me off, what a fucking joke. "I didn't mean it that way, Natsuo is a good kid, I just meant I can tell you have a lot of patience and a large capacity to love, Natsuo is still young and naive much like I was at his age, he can't understand and appreciate those qualities, just as I couldn't with Rei, and now look. My own wife is too afraid of me to even be able to visit her." Man he's laying it on thick today isn't he. Feel bad if you want fucker, it doesn't erase the past, you still need to pay, preferably with your life.

"Morning Y/NC. Morning Dad." Natsuo walks into the kitchen pulling eggs from the fridge, "I'll help with breakfast." He's in an amazing mood for a guy who cried for almost two hours last night. "Thanks Natchan." He smiles at me brightly and I put on some tea before frying up some bacon leaving the eggs to Natsuo. "Hey dad, could you give us a ride back to campus today?" I look at him for half a second like he's crazy before dismissing it assuming this has something to do with the plan he and Dabi came up with. "Yeah, I'd be happy to son." His voice sounds shocked and excited. Idiot, pretty sure we're luring you away to your death, but hey at least it's going to be easy. We finish up cooking, Fuyumi and Shoto joining us before it's on the table. As we eat I sit and listen, Natsuo telling Fuyumi how King Asshole is taking us back to campus after we eat, her being happy and excited Natsuo is willing to be so near his father, Shoto making random observations including the one about me being quiet bringing attention to me. "Oh, I was just thinking about what all is going on this week with school, pretty sure we have a test coming up in Biology, how I should probably drop by the blood bank with my box of donations. Just boring stuff." Everyone nods dismissing me, Natsuo giving me a smile that lets me know he is aware I'm thinking about the plan I'm not a part of and how I want it to go smoothly.

The entire ride has been silence, Natsuo watching his father seeming nervous. Eventually King Asshole pulls over rubbing his eyes. "I don't know why I feel so tired, I got plenty of sleep last night." Natsuo lets out a sigh of relief and turns to his father. "I can drive if you're not up to it dad." His voice is sweet and almost asking, his father looking at him for a moment. "Yeah that might be a good idea, we're still a good twenty minutes out, if I fall asleep that would be bad." Natsuo hops out getting in the driver's seat, King Asshole pushing the passenger side back closing his eyes to fall asleep. "You go ahead and rest, when we get there you can take a rest in my room if you need before you head back." King Asshole nods his eyes closed and Natsuo continues on driving a little slower than the speed limit, glancing over at his father from time to time. When he takes a turn in the wrong direction I say nothing. It isn't heading towards the cabin, so I'm not sure where we are going, but I say nothing just sit and allow us to take the turns of the road. From time to time I catch Natsuos glance in the review mirror looking at me. "You ok back there? Need something to drink or anything like that?" I look at those grey eyes staring at me in the mirror he is nervous but trying to remain calm. "I need to use the bathroom, but I get the feeling we shouldn't stop unless necessary until we get to wherever we are going." His face changes as he thinks about it and it occurs to him that I'm right. "OK, when we get there you should hopefully be able to pee somewhere, not much longer." I look over at King Asshole, he's completely out. "What did you do to make him fall asleep Natchan?" He chuckles. "I'm not allowed to tell you remember, just suffice to say it's a good thing we are med students so I knew how much to give him, he was supposed to fall asleep a little sooner so he must weigh more now than he did last I knew, but it got there eventually." I just sit with my arms crossed continuing to ride in silence.