Chapter One

Chapter 1

(Jenn's POV)

Sitting with my two of my best friends, I should be happy right? Well, I'm not. Having your parents send you to a summer camp, is not the best thing. An 18 year old shouldn't be going to a camp, might I add, across the world.

I have never been to America. It has similarities with Australia, but the seasons are messed up. Right now, in Australia, it is winter break. In America, it's summer. It's really confusing to me.

My parents are nice, sometimes. They just think that they could do anything and it would make me feel better. I won't ever forget what happened yesterday.

*Flashback*

"Jenn, we need to tell you something.." my mom says.

"Yeah?"

"We....we are moving.." my dad says slowly.

"Wh-what?" I shout.

"Not that far. Your father got a job promotion in Sydney. It's only an hour away from here Jenn."

"But my friends! I can't leave Misty and Jade!"

"I'm sorry. But when there is a bad thing, a good thing comes too!" mom replies.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well...We talked to Jade and Misty's parents and they agreed to let you go off on a 'Summer Break!'"

"Mom. It's winter."

"Well not in America. Starting tomorrow, you guys will be on a plane to America, specifically Illinois."

"WHAT?"

"You're going to a huge camp! I thought it was a good 'going away' trip with you and your friends."

The problem isn't going to America with two of my best friends, it was not knowing where Illinois is...

*Flashback ends*

"Okay guys, I did some research about Illinois and the camp we are going to," Jade says.

"Go on..." I reply.

"Well, Illinois is the 21st state of the US. They have one major city and that is Chicago. The capital is Springfield and the-"

"Jade, we don't need a history lesson, just tell us about the camp," I say a little angry.

"Fine," Jade says sharply, "the camp is called, Camp Castaway. It is for teens 14-19 years old. It has a pool, a lake, huge cabins, ziplining, and more activities."

"Sounds fun," I reply.

I wasn't looking forward to this 'vacation' my parents set us up with. Thinking about whatever fun I have at this camp, it will be thrown away when I move to Sydney. I don't get the point of moving. Sydney is an hour away! A good thing is that I'm graduating high school soon so I won't have to worry about going to a new school, besides college.

I'm happy for my dad, I just don't want to leave my two friends behind. I'll miss them too much.

I've known Misty since we were 1. Our parents have been really close and that's how we met. It's amazing to see that 17 years later, we are still good friends. Since I am a only child, I consider her my sister.

Jade, I've known since 6th grade. We got closer I think in 7th grade. She goes to a different high school than me and Misty, but we are really close.

"WE'RE HERE!" I hear Jade scream.

I look out the window from the plane and immediately feel happy. I grab my passport from my backpack and walk out of the plane with them. We are apparently at O'Hare Airport. Is that a good thing? I feel like an alien here because we are different from Americans.

We follow the signs to where the baggage claim is and wait for our luggage to come. There weren't many people on the plane so it should be fairly easy to get our things.

"I found our stuff!" Misty shouts.

I turn around to see Misty trying to grab all of our things off the baggage carousel before we have to wait for it to come back around again.

"Great, we have our bags, but what about transportation?" I ask.

"There!" Jade says pointing towards a man holding a white poster that says 'Jenn, Misty, and Jade' on it.

We walk up to the old man, white hair, hint of a mustache, and good smell of cologne. He has a nice smile and isn't those type of elders who hate everything and everyone.

"Hi sir, I'm Jenn, this is Jade and Misty," I say introducing myself and them.

"Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Chris, I'll be taking you to Camp Castaway!"

He leads us outside, the hot outdoors, and towards a huge limo. Whoever did this, tell them I love them. Two young looking men, probably a little older than us, grab our bags and begin to place them in the back of the limo. Chris opens the door to the limo and we climb in.

Purple and blue lights cover the inside of the limo. There is a mini table with appetizers on them. I try not to bump my head on the ceiling of the limo as I grab a chicken tender from the table.

"Guys, let's make this the best summer. We won't leave each other as friends, we're family and I care about both of you," Misty says.

*****

"Here you are girls! I'll see you in a few weeks!" Chris says to us.

"Thanks Chris!"

Chris walks back to the limo and drives away, leaving us with a ton of staff. I put my backpack on and grab my bag.

"Check-In is here guys," I say reading a sign that leads us to the main building of the camp.

We walk, for what seems like five minutes, towards the main building. I open the door and hold it open for Misty and Jade. There aren't many people here, but there is enough. We walk to a table that says 'Check-In' and wait in line.

"Jenn Maes" I say to the lady.

"Misty Lore"

"Jade Boran"

"All checked in ladies! Go to the next table and receive information about the cabin you will be staying in."

"Thanks," we all reply.

We walk over the other table that says 'Cabins' and wait in line again.

"Hi girls. What are your names?"

"Jenn Maes, Misty Lore, and Jade Boran" Misty says.

"Alright girls. Your cabin is....."

"Cabin 27"

_____________________________________________________________________________
OMG HAE GUYS. HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU SINCE A MONTH AGO. I took a month break because you know... 'Shattered' was some hard work. Since like a few hours ago, 'Shattered' got over 500 reads! Yas thanks! ANYWAYS. TOMORROW IS LIKE THE SUPER BOWL AND HARRY'S BIRTHDAY. I CAN'T HANDLE THIS. BAE IS GONNA BE 21. HE CAN NOW DRINK LEGALLY IN THE USA. lol sorry. Thanks for readdddingggggg.