Chapter Three

Rose woke up to the sounds of people talking downstairs and slowly got out of bed. She looked at the large dresser and saw that Ryan had brought her a pair of clothes. She changed and made her way out of the room to see if Alex was still there.

"Lord Alexander it has been a while." She heard a heavy Russian accent come from the front lobby. She peeked around the corner and saw a large Russian man with a beard and two more men standing to either side of him.

"It's just Alex now Viktor." Alex told him as they heard the step Rose was standing on creak, "You don't have to be afraid to meet these guys Rose. We already knew you were there anyways."

"Sorry." Rose said as she walked next to Alex. Viktor looked at her with surprise before he and the other to men bowed to her like they did for Alex.

"We weren't aware that Lord Alexander had a woman with him." Viktor told her as the three stood straight again.

"She's just a friend of mine from school." Alex told him before his face turned serious, "It's Alex now Viktor. At the very least call me that in public so people don't get suspicious. Now what is it that you wanted to come here and tell me?"

"Let's all go sit down somewhere if you guys need to talk." Rose said and Alex nodded to her before they followed him into the room from the night before. Rose made sure to sit next to Alex since she still didn't know how to feel about Viktor and his men.

"Lord Alexander," Viktor said as he locked eyes with him, "The Council is requesting your return."

"No." Alex told him bluntly, "I don't want anything to do with the aristocrats that run the Council and their beliefs that humans are only food."

"They won't like that answer but we will respect it and stand by your side like we did in the past." Viktor told him as they stood up and bowed to the two, "Between us I don't care for them either so if anything happens let me know and we'll come as quickly as possible. Lady Rose make sure to keep Lord Alexander from doing anything foolish if you don't mind."

"You have a nice day Viktor." Alex said as he walked them to the door and shut it behind them. He turned to Rose with a serious face that turned into a smile.

"What was that about and why was he calling us Lord and Lady?" Rose asked him with a genuinely curious tone. Alex's smile faded and he took a deep breath.

"Unlike the vampires that you've seen and heard about there is a group of pure blood vampires that try and control the way vampires work." Alex explained as they walked back to the large room, "I'm one of those pure bloods but I don't care for their ideals. Because of that I turned my back on them and decided to do things my own way. Of course I'm the youngest of the pure bloods but I refuse to listen to them."

"That explains why you were able to kill those other vampires so easily." Rose said and Alex nodded his head, "I'm going to guess they don't like the idea of you doing what you want and they are trying to make you come back."

"Yeah that's their plan. They already know that I'm not going to but they haven't done anything about it yet." Alex told her making sure to put emphasis on the word yet as he walked over to the bookcase and grabbed a large book off of it. He handed it to Rose and she began to flip through the pages. She began to read a page that had Alex's family tree and their positions in the Council.

"My family has been apart of the Council for generations and I'm the only who's left it. My parents didn't take kindly to that but I wasn't going to agree on their plan to begin making humanity their slaves." Alex explained as he looked up at his portrait, "I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent that from happening and I have people like Viktor who aren't willing to let that happen either on my side."

"Wait this says you were a leader in the Civil War but the years aren't correct." Rose said as she pointed to the time frame of the war, "This is the year the Revolutionary War started."

"Because that isn't the American Civil War. It's the Vampire Civil War, which I may have kick started when I left the Council. During the American Revolutionary War I went to Washington for help and he agreed as long as I agreed to help them in return. Viktor and several others helped with us and the Founding Fathers made sure to keep us off the record. Not even your current government knows of our involvement in the war. Our war came down to a tie and we decided that we would stay out of each other's business but recently the Council has disregarded that agreement and that's why I've come back into play."

"That's a little much to take in but I think I understand. So in other words we have to take part in another war." Rose said as she closed the book and laid it on the table. Alex smiled at her bravery and put the book back on the shelf.

"Either way I plan on protecting you three at all costs. The Council won't get their way if I have anything to say about it." Alex told her as he sat on the couch, "Also Ryan went ahead and told the school that we had something important to do today so we should be good."

"Well that was nice of him." Rose said as she sighed and leaned gurther into the couch.