A NEW BEGINNING

A NEW BEGINNING

"Why do you like me?", she asked him.

"Dae?", he looked at her as if taken by surprise.

She was always the recipient of that question. Nam Do San must have asked her this at least 5 times by now, as if he still could not believe that she liked him. In the beginning, the first time he had asked her that outside her house, on the day she thought was his birthday, he had hoped for an answer that was not in any way related to Director Han. She said she liked him because of his hands. From there, Do San somehow tried to cave his way into her heart thinking that she only liked his hands. He was not good with metaphors. He did not understand that when she said she liked his hands, she loved what they represented. They were the same hands that wrote the code for Noongil, for Tarzan. The same hands that felt just right when they held her smaller hands. The hands that cupped her face, held her waist, steadied her when he kissed her with all the passion in the world.

He still looked at her puzzled. "Do Sanah, Dega wae chua?", she repeated.

He looked at her for a moment confused, and then broke into a slight smile. "Dal Miah, I like you because of your hands", he said, still smiling.

"Ohn?", now she was confused. "Do Sanie..."

"And because you are really pretty.", he said sheepishly.

"Onh Do Sanaahh...", she went from being confused to realising what he meant by liking her hands, to mock angry. She playfully punched his arm. "You wouldn't like me if I was not pretty?", she made a face.

"Aaah, anyo, that is not possible Dal Miyah", he said still grinning at her. His grin was enough to melt her heart. He was getting good at understanding metaphors. She reached for his face, and pulled him down for a peck on the lips, but at the last moment he opened his lips, and kissed her full on the lips. Thank god, they were early at Sandbox today. They were both smiling through the kiss.

Dal Mi pulled away from the kiss. Even though she wanted to continue kissing him, people would soon start coming in. New teams were arriving at Sandbox for the hackathon. And the last thing Dal Mi wanted was to be seen engaging in PDA in front of Sa Ha and Chul San. They both never left any chance of sneering at Do San and her, calling them two cockroaches in love, as if they were both any less themselves.

Sa Ha had promised that she would reveal her boyfriend if they won the bid, but Dal Mi had her suspicions on Chul San for long, and they were confirmed once when she saw them sneaking out of a restaurant together, just the two of them. But she kept it to herself, it would be best if it came out of Sa Ha's mouth. So they must win the bid at all costs---

Two strong hands pulled her back into his embrace, jerking her out of her thoughts. Do San looked at her squinting his eyes in the cute way she liked, "What are you thinking?", he asked.

"That we have to win the bid. At any cost", the last part she added with a smile. "There is so much at stake."

Do San squinted at her for a second and then realised what she meant by that. He was going to propose if they won. Yes. They must win it at any cost. He smiled knowingly at her and pulled her back in for a kiss.

And then they both went to their office, holding each other's hands, like two cockroaches in love.