Edgar Valden: Sleeping Beauty

Summary: Edgar has a habit of drawing any pretty thing he sees and will paint it no matter what. Which means you never know when he will paint you.

Wordcount: 612

Note: I hate him so much but he's so pretty but I hate him so much but I love him but I hate him so much

In his opinion, the faces people usually make while sleeping is absolutely atrocious and ugly; drool dripping down their chin, tongue stuck out and hair tangled. Even his perfect hand found it hard to fake beauty whenever he tried to paint a sleeping person. Luckily for you and him, your beauty was far beyond any other. Anything other than him of course, but you're just slightly below him. Slightly.

You were always a heavy sleeper so Edgar didn't waste precious time trying to tip-toe to get his art supplies. The sun had already begun shining through the sheer white curtains of the bedroom, making dreamlike lighting throughout the room. The painter settled his canvas and paint directly across from where you laid and began working on his next masterpiece.

There was limited time, one couldn't stay asleep forever after all. Edgar hastily sketched down your position. The thick blanket barely covered your upper body, instead, the big plush bear that Edgar gifted you seemed to provide you with enough warmth. A soft smile–partially covered by the bear's fur–was planted on your face. You were probably experiencing a nice dream. Edgar gave the same soft smile at that thought.

A groan from you caught his attention, though Edgar loved you, at this moment he wished that you'd stay asleep for longer. Perhaps thirty minutes? No, that's too short. An hour?

"Edgar?" You innocently called out to him with eyes still closed. You turned yourself into the opposite side of the bed, reaching out to the empty spot in order to find your boyfriend. From behind you, an annoyed tongue-click was heard.

"Yes, good morning, love."

"Where are you?" You slightly opened your eyes then turned back and saw Edgar sitting on his stool with a canvas next to him. "What are you doing?" You groggily sat up only to be scolded by Edgar.

"No! Stop! Don't you dare sit up, go back to your previous position. Go back to sleep?" He put down his pencil and pushed you back down the bed, gently repositioning your hands and blanket back to when he was sketching. You chuckled at his seriousness, flattered that he'd want to paint you asleep. If you remembered correctly, Edgar complained once about the beauty–or lack thereof–of sleeping people.

"Just go rest again, love." He demanded, but the tone was more tender than his protest earlier. You giggled, reached out your hand to Edgar's cheek then pulled him in to get him a tiny peck on the lips. He tensed up then turned away and harshly sat back on his stool, but you weren't dumb–you could see his red ears. "Go... go back to sleep so I can paint."

Finally, you complied with his wishes. Because you had just woken up a minute ago, it didn't take long for the urge to sleep came. Edgar frowned when he saw your still big grin when you slept, did you really find that much joy in his suffering? You could've at least given him a warning before you kissed. Edgar picked up his pencil and continued to sketch again, this time he took his time instead of the hasty speed from earlier.

That surprise kiss you've given Edgar may have affected him more than you thought. Edgar thought about his magnum opus painting and back to the canvas in front of him. This painting of you right here must be three–no–five times more beautiful than his magnum opus. It was the only way he could repay you, the only way to show his love for you.

Edgar admired your sleeping form and sighed; you really were so beautiful, perhaps even more than him.