twenty-three

AARON

"i need a favor."
i said holding the phone between my ear and shoulder.

the line went silent before he replied back.
"shoot."

i sighed.
"i need you to do a background check on somebody.find their social media,personal interests,any and everything that has been put on the internet within the last ten years"

"what's the name?"
he asked.

i kept quiet trying to figure out a way to tell him.

"it's her isn't it?"
he asked,no sign of laughter in his voice.

"yeah.but it's only because-"
i stuttered.

"it's done."
he said before hanging up the phone.

-

i didn't really want to ask ryan for help.

the main reason being that if i did,i would have to admit that i was wrong and he was right.

and i would rather burn in hell before i let that happen.

thankfully,he wasn't an ass and decided to do it,no questions asked.

i sat in class,completely drained of any energy that i might have had before.

even though coach had me on probation for a few weeks,practice was kicking my ass.

chris kept assuring me that i would be back on the team in no time,and he'd make sure of it.

i looked like a little lost puppy,following everybody else on the team around.

attending every practice,game and training just to sit my ass on the bench when it came time to play.

the only reason i hadn't quit the team yet,was because i knew this season would be a good one.

colleges usually start scouting around the end of the year so hopefully by then,all this shit will be sorted out.

in the mean time,my main priority was finding some info on aaliyah and her family.

not anything serious,just enough to be nosey and have enough power to black mail her,whenever i wanted to.

"mr Williams,can you please answer my question?"
mr shelly asked.

i rubbed my eyes.
"sorry,what was it again?"
i asked.

the rest of the class mumbled and groaned,upset that he now had to repeat the question.

physics class with mr shelly was one of the hardest and slowest classes i had.

he talked as slow as a sloth and his monotone voice didn't help when it came to teaching.

i had him last year for chemistry and i just barely passed his class with a c minus.

"zinc,atomic number thirty on the periodic table of elements,zinc has six times the number of electrons as?"