CH 13: Commendation

Higuit watched James who was strapped in a stretcher. He asked Higuit to get close to him.

"Can I ask for your number? I wanna call you again whenever I need protection." James smiled at her.

Higuit dug her left hand to her left pocket and retrieved a calling card. He handed it over to James.

"Thanks." James says as the medics pushed him inside the ambulance.

Higuit then approached Blackshot who was sitting on an ammunition crate while wiping the blood on his forehead.

"You said I'm your brother." Blackshot began. "What do you know about me?"

"When I was young, you left the house to work. But after all these years, you haven't changed since you left!"

"What? Look kid, I'm not who you think I am. First of all, I'm just a kid who have been sent to an orphanage. They are the only family I had. But that changed when the CIA guys picked me up to work for them. That's it and that's what it is all gonna be." Blackshot says as he threw the towel on the floor.

"No--"

"Look spud, I'm tired of listening to all the crap you are saying. Like I said before, I am not your brother, alright? I am not your brother." Blackshot stood up and walked away.

Higuit got offended of Blackshot's rude demeanor. She just turned to Windwalkers and sparked up a conversation to them.

"So," She began as she watched the medics taking care of their wounds. "Great job you did back there."

"Yeah, our Employer better pay us thrice or we will be the one putting bullets on his face." Jeth says as he laugh.

"We need men like you."

"So you're hiring us? We don't play for corporations nor we would be slaves to them."

"Well we are in need of your services."

"Service? I think you are speaking our language already. Keep going."

"The Electrolite Battery Corp needs your help. We are facing a big problem right now."

Jem grinned widely.

"Then let's solve that problem of yours."