Redemption

"Liam." I emerged from behind Grant.

Liam stood with his hands in his pockets. "Hi."

"Hey." I spoke softly.

Grant squinted. "How'd you know we were here?"

"Trisha had a feeling. She told me about the rock incident." He smiled sadly. "She was worried she might've killed you."

Grant laughed. "Ha. She wishes."

"We should talk. I owe you an explanation." I stepped in front of Grant.

Liam looked around. "Yeah, but not here."

Grant's voice came from behind me. "Why don't you two head outside? I'll meet you out there after I finish talking to ol' doc here."

I faced him. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm okay Rinnnie. I'll see you out there."

I squeezed Grant. "Okay."

As soon as we were out of the building I spoke. "I am so sorry Liam. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. You were nothing but amazing to me."

Liam watched me and listened. Then, he started walking down the sidewalk. "I'm not mad that you kissed Grant. It was obvious there was something between you two, I already knew." He took a deep breath. "I'm mad that I found out from someone else that something happened. I think I deserved to at least hear it from you."

Liam was so calm as he spoke. It somehow made things even more difficult for me. He kept his eyes forward.

"I know how this is going to sound, but it's true. I tried to tell you, immediately after it happened. That's why I texted and asked to meet up. Trisha showed up as I was about to leave and came up with her own story. I kissed Grant once, then stopped things from progressing." I felt so frustrated.

How I felt was like being stuck in quicksand. I walked on uncharted territory, and now I was sinking. My kiss with Grant was the alluring, unexplored place I couldn't stop myself from entering. Trisha was the quicksand, pulling me down. I hated the idea of Liam thinking I didn't care or respect him enough to tell him about Grant and I.

Liam turned to me. "Why were you in a towel?"

My heart sank. "I took a shower. I just wanted to collect myself before I spoke to you. Grant and I only kissed."

He searched my face. "Okay."

"Okay?" I asked, confused.

"I believe you, we're good." He smiled at me.

I stopped walking. "You do?"

Liam chuckled. "Compared to someone who hits people with rocks? Of course, I do."

I hugged him. "Thank you."

He hugged me back. "I wish you the best of luck with Grant."

"I hope we can still be friends?"

"What a cliché." Liam chuckled. "I'd like that."

................................................................................................................................................................
2 DAYS LATER

"You good?" Grant asked, turning the radio down.

I smiled. "Yeah. Somehow everything worked out. Are you okay?"

Grant leaned back in his seat and dropped a hand off the steering wheel. "If you're okay, I'm okay."

"How's your head?" I asked, examining it. It'd only been two days since he'd gotten stitches. It still looked sore.