Chapter 1

𝙎𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙖 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"Sam. Saammm. Sam come on, you gotta get up." My foster sister/best friend Dally says, gently shaking me awake.

"Oh come on Dal, just give me five more minutes. I didn't sleep good at all last night." I groan, rolling over and trying to get comfortable again.

"Ah ah ah, no you don't." Dally says, rolling me back over to face her. "Your new parents are gonna be here in an hour and a half for lunch. You still have some very last minute packing to do, and you still have to get yourself ready."

"Alright Dally alright, I'm up. I'm actually up." I sit up, rubbing my face and yawning. "Like you said, I gotta get dressed and make myself look presentable, so shoo."

Once Dally shuts my bedroom door behind her, I grab a towel before heading into my small bathroom so I can take a super quick shower.

Even after the shitty night I had, a shower sounds like the best option at the moment.
***

"Um, hey Dally, your new parents are here and my mom wanted me to come up here and get you." Dally mumbles, knocking on my bedroom door.

I open the door, and Dally just smiles lightly.

"Of course you would be the one that dresses up in a thrifted vintage tshirt and denim shorts." Dally shakes her head at me, a sad smile on her face regardless. "And guess what? You will never believe who your new parents are."

"Who are they?"

"THE Jensen Ackles and his wife Danneel."

"Holy shit, you have got to be kidding me!" I say louder than I mean to, and Lee slaps her hand over my mouth.

"Dude, language." Dally tells me, and I have to hold back a fit of giggles.

"You made a Captain America reference." I say, still trying not to laugh. "And you said you hated Marvel."

"Yeah well, you got me to finally watch it." Dally says, and I give her a hug.

"We should probably get downstairs soon, because I don't wanna make it to where your mom has to come up her and get us."

"Yeah, you're right. That would not be pretty."
***

"You'll come back and visit us though, right?" Cassie asks me after I've loaded all of my stuff into the car.

"Well of course I'm gonna come back and visit, how could I just abandon my favorite lesbian power couple, and the only friends I have?" I pull my friends into a tight group huge, staying there for a few moments. "I'm gonna miss you guys, so much."

"Hey Sammy, I wrote down everyone's numbers for whenever you finally get a new phone." Bailet says, handing me a folded piece of paper, which I stick in my back pocket. "If you can, you should try to get an iPhone so that we can all FaceTime or something."

"I'll try, thank you Bails." I give the brunette a hug, squeezing tight. "I love you guys, so so much. Take care of each other, and I'll visit as much as I can okay? Don't do anything stupid when I'm gone. Benny, please try to keep these gals out of trouble when I'm gone."

"I can and will try, no promises though munchkin." Benny tells me, quickly wiping his eyes. "Has anybody seen or heard from Carson? He knew what time to be here."

"I made it!! I'm here!!" Carson yells, running up the driveway. "I was home alone, my car wouldn't start. No one was answering, so I ran all the way here."

"Well I'm glad you're here." I say, pulling Carson into a hug. "I'm gonna miss you Bubs."

"He-Hey guys, can I talk to Sam alone for a second?" Carson asks, and the others head up on the front porch (aka out of earshot) to give us privacy. "I have to tell you something, and I don't know how you're gonna react. I've been meaning to tell you for a whole, and, and.."

"Carson, you have to breathe." I lightly grab Carson's face forcing him to look at me. "It'll be alright bubs, I pinky promise. You know you can tell me anything."

"I like you." Carson blurts out, his cheeks tented a deep pink. "And I, I have for a while now."

"Leave it to you to profess your love for me when I'm about to move seven hours away." I say, laughing lightly. "I'm glad you said that though, because I like you too."

"Wait a second, does this mean I get to kiss you and call you my girlfriend now?" Carson asks, his face lit up like New York City on Christmas.

"If you want it to, then yeah." I say, and Carson pulls me into a sweet kiss.

"THERE WE GO, FINALLY!! THAT'S MY GIRL, YOU GO SAMMY!!" Dally yells, causing Carson and I to break apart with red faces.

"He-Here's my number for when you get a new phone." Carson says, taking a random Sharpie out of his pocket and writing his number on the back of my hand. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too Carson."