///

A/N:

-Angst. This is angst. (Specifically Optiratch angst ^^'') If some of y'all don't like that stuff and/or are bothered by it, click off or scroll by, please. Thanks.

-Hhhhh speaking of that, I'll have you know I'm terrible at this kind of writing. I gave it my all, however. I hope I did passably, at least...^^''

-Um......I am very sorry if I made any errors, be it a typo or misinformation about something/someone, etc. I wrote a lot of this very late at night or at ungodly hours of the morning.....so that might explain a little of it ^~^'' I'll read through it as many times as possible after posting so I can catch and fix as many of those mistakes as possible....

-I'll make this quick; sorry again to anyone who saw this the first time ^^'' But this time, I've posted it intentionally so I hope you enjoy!! :'D

-This is only one, long part so dw about cliffhangers or waiting 10 centuries a long time for me to finish it :3

-Set in the TFP universe! 

-Disclaimer!!! TFP and Transformers and all the characters and places (basically everything) does not belong to me in any way!! This is just a fanfic!!! So uh,,credit to its rightful owners!! ^^'' 

///

The sky was a dull, bleak grey.

Icy rain pelted the earth, pouring from the stormy skies with a vengeance as harsh winds tossed them around with an ominous whistling.

Yet the real storm had materialized inside the rocks—in the simple silo base where the Autobots resided.

Today, the children had not been able to come to the base.

Miko was in detention, Jack was busy working overtime at his job, and Raf was studying for a exam.

It was just one of those days.

"Thank Primus for peace and quiet!" Ratchet would have remarked as he usually did on days such as this.

However, things were all but calm—even as a prickly silence filled the air.

///

"I...I cannot let you do that..." Optimus stammered at last. He bowed his head and shifted his gaze to the left, clearly uncomfortable. "It is only a mere relic, not worth the life—"

A fist pounded the wall, leaving a blackened scuff mark in the metal.

"DON'T YOU CARE?!" Ratchet practically screamed. Optimus's eyes rounded with guilt as he turned his gaze back to the medic sharply.

"Of course I—"

"Then GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, OPTIMUS—" he hit the wall next to him once again, with more force. "It's not about you!!!"

He spat those words so coldly, so jarringly sharp, Optimus felt his spark twist.

Old friend...I do not think you understand my intent at all...please be patient with me...

The Prime opened his mouth to speak, but Ratchet flashed him an even harsher glare, silencing any further words. Optimus again cast his eyes momentarily to the floor.

Pushing past his leader, Ratchet raised his fist, not turning to face Optimus, and flipped up his middle finger.

Optimus would have given an amused laugh.