Chapter One: Dave

It and been six months ago today that a young man by the name of Dave Strider had made an attempt to take his own life, and in those months, he had shown no signs of improvement through the various forms of treatment he was given. He had stayed at a hospital in Houston for three months before being discharged.

He had then relapsed and been relocated to a smaller facility in Hurst.

And today he was being discharged from the inpatient program for "endangering other patients."

It wasn't his fault they'd stuck him with a psycho roommate.

And now he was to be flown across the country, to a place where he could get "the intensive care he needed". It didn't bother him though, he was on so many antidepressants that everything was just a haze, and he liked it that way.

The plane landed in Washington State at around four in the afternoon, the wheather was fair. Not that you should worry about that though, you were going to be locked in for god knows how long.

Dave stared wordlessly out the window of the car that was currently escorting him to his glorified prison and sighed.

They wouldn't even let you see your Bro. Asshats.

Every Therapist you'd ever spoken to seemed to think he was to blame for all of your problems, which was mostly true, but he was also your only family and your legal guardian.

Was roof strifing really that absurd? Did no one else constantly try new ironic ways to one up their siblings? You could understand how they reacted when you mention the smuppets though. Those plush fuckers had haunted your dreams for as long as you could remember.

The man who was driving the car could not seem to shut up. He also had an accent. British. From what you gathered his name was Jake English and he was your personal nurse. This motherfucker was your babysitter.

You arrived in front of a pristine white building about five stories high about forty five minutes later, the doors opened for you and you strode in to the lobby with swagger that most wouldn't expect from a mental patient.

The nurse at the desk was wearing pink scrubs that made you want to vomit up the airplane peanuts you'd eaten. She handed you an assessment sheet which you quickly filled out and handed back to her without a word.

She then handed you a pair of grey scrubs and asked English to escort you to your room and introduce you to your roommate.

Your room was small and bland, nothing but two beds separated by a curtain and beige walls that seemed to get closer everytime you took a breath. You changed in the small bathroom that was connected to your room, crumpling up your black skinny jeans and red raglan tee. You were going to miss your red raglan tee. The two of you had been through some shit together over the past few days. One thing you didn't like about the scrubs was that the didn't covet your arms, and you could see the fading lines of your attempt. It sickened you. You exited the bathroom and shoved your clothes into Jake's arms. At least he was good for something.

"Uh, Dave?"

You turned to him, he looked nervous. He was scared of you. Fuck.

"I'm going to need your shades too, mate. Sorry."

Of course, why'd you even try? They always took your shades. You bid them a silent farewell as you slid them off your face, and placed them in your Nurse's extended hand.

You blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the fluorescent lighting. Damn your sensitive albino eyes. Damn them to the intermost ring of hell. Your eyes burned pretty fucking bad. And now English was staring.

You roll your eyes, and he looks away like he was guilty of something. You then flop onto the bed furthest from thew door and begin to stare at the wall.

Jake begins hesitantly speaking to you again.

"Well, now that you're settled in, would you like to go meet some of the other patients?"

"No." You didn't. That is really all there is to say on the matter.

"Really? Dinner's at six, and after that you get recreation until lights out."

"I'm not here to socialize."

"Then why are you here?"

"I'll go meet the other nutjobs if it'll get you off my case, damn."

He smiles, and you notice he has slightly buck teeth.

This place is going to kill you.