Chapter 17, Survival matters

Those moments for me were the worst I have ever witnessed. A man in a black cloak with darkish-brownish hair, and Gregor, used in the name of the mans servant. How strange! I thought.But the thing that perished me most of all was not knowing if that was a dream, a nightmare, or the dark truth thats destroying the city right at that moment when i'm sitting on the ground.

It was like that until a thought struck me that I knew had been missing the whole time. "Of course!" my brain cells screamed nearly flying out of my head. It was so obvious!

I started to turn on my brain to full power, like I liked to do during my math test. It really did help me think. And soon enough, I was like Sherlock Holmes making a web around a suspect. 

I was thinking that if that wasn't a dream, and that man really was going inside my brain, than he would have totally been able to do that with Gregor's.

 What is he was controlling him? Then that would explain why he didn't remember anything that he did. And him being amazed when he saw me all dripped in blood. Now it makes sense! 

At that time I couldn't wait any further. I was so enthusiastic that I forgot about every cut I got from the incidence and straightened up for the first time after a long time. 

Then, not holding my feelings I screamed "WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO REGALIA" and after a second a whole herd crows flew out of the tress like a million leaves from a flower flew away they cawed and gawked but it only lasted for a few seconds.

 And then, to my non luck, my adrenaline died, and I collapsed to the ground with a big "Ooof". I realize I hit the dried and hard ground. And in a sudden, the scared voice of Poseidon  asked me "Leon.. A-are you alright?". 

Suddenly, I came back to my normal estate and realized that Poseidon was already awoken "Nah, i'm fine Poseidon don't worry. Its just not about me its about Regalia." I replied "So how are you feeling?"

"Not any better then you Leon. I was just confused why you had the same face Leon did" Said Poseidon

Trying not to talk like I'm scared, I changed the subject "So, do you know how to do some mending? We have a long trip tomorrow to Regalia that awaits, so you have to heal" I told the bat

"No warrior sadly, I don't" Poseidon said

"Well luckily, I do" I said and took a few goose-grass leaves from the soft ground with the rope I used on Poseidon's wing. 

Then, I put the goose-grass leaves onto my cut and clutching it so it wont drip blood, tied it securely with the thin rope.

 Then, I cam up to Poseidon, and gave him some of the candy I still had from home. "Here. Eat this. It would distract you from your hurt" "Okay, but can I crunch it?" asked Poseidon with some hope of surviving in this impossible climate.

 "Well, yes. I guess" I answered. "You eat here while I get us some materials" 

                                                                        _-1 hour later-_

 "Poseidon!Poseidon!" I screamed "Are you there?" It was night and I could hardly see, so I waited. 1 minute passed, there was no answer. Another flew by and still no answer. I started getting worried.I dropped the materials and tools  I gathered and  took off around our camp screaming "Poseidon! Poseidon!" I was so worried and my heart was racing. 

I was running around trying to find him, when saw the poor little creature scared in a small ground made home. I would have been delighted by what Poseidon had made if I wasn't more happy to see him alive. "Thank goodness your here my friend."  

I said and hugged him minding his hurt wing. Then. without further ado,  I curled beside him and both of us fell asleep